Senior Technology Manager
The Senior Technology Manager will lead and form the delivery of the group technology strategy. Within this they would be responsible for what we need to do to provide customer centric technology solutions that ensure our digital communications strategy, interactive displays and their content are kept fully operational. They will also be responsible to work with other departments within the organisation and be the funnel to manage any technology that will be deployed into store that is customer facing.
The Senior Technology Manager principle accountabilities include:
- Programme management of technology strategy and design tracker projects
- Responsible for ensuring all technology solutions comply with H&S, statuary and legal requirements
- Integrate with existing business process to ensure technology solutions are offered in a timely manner
- Consult on security needs and ensure that the solutions deliver working product displays and are simple for store teams to maintain and repair.
- Produce electronic, easy to use, support information to help stores trouble shoot issues with their in store displays and connectivity
- Integration of interactive technology equipment into displays and fixtures (install standards for wiring, hardware, and other components so that customer only sees product and associated control button).
- Responsible for assisting store with troubleshooting of any display issues either by phone, email, or physical visit
- Cost management of external design agencies where 3rd parties have been engaged to provide technology solutions.
- Consult on prototypes and value engineering prior to roll out ensuring all technical drawings are in line with the concept proposals and are delivered to time, cost and agreed quality, incorporating all statutory requirements relating to health and safety.
- Lead / Manage / Engage / Coach and Develop direct reports to deliver department targets and ensure compliance to standard processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of writing reports and presenting within senior forums as well as liaising with other employees and functions.
- Excellent influencing skills at a senior manager level both internally and externally, working in a pressurised environment to ensure the limited resources are secured for programme deadlines to be met.
- Range of interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt style when communicating and managing stakeholders, project team members and suppliers at all levels is essential.
- Collaborative style ensuring all stake holders are engaged/consulted throughout the end to end project cycle
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to critique analysis undertaken by others and challenge assumptions.
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.
Role: Senior Technology Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West London, London, London
Apply for this job now.