Company: CHICANOS POR LA CAUSA, INC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Responsible for the daily functioning and maintenance of a community kitchen utilized to provide meals to the residents of the De Colores Domestic Violence and Family Homeless Shelters.
Experience in working in a commercial or community style kitchen.
Able to work with clients who experience domestic violence and homelessness.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Must have current food handler card
Must have current driver's license
Must have current Fingerprint Clearance Card or ability to have within 60 days of employment
Must be able to work a flexible schedule
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Coordinate food service activities with all components of De Colores
- Purchase food needed for meals and snacks served on-site.
- Oversees the purchasing of all foods for the program.
- Prepare, organize, and set up the food for meals and snacks.
- Plan and maintain current menu as appropriate considering food inventory
- Oversee all activities of the kitchen and dining areas
- Clean and maintain kitchen, food service utensils, equipment, and food storage areas to standards as mandated by federal, state and local laws and best food safety and sanitation practices.
- Compile monthly reports including receipts accurately and submit to Finance Department on a timely monthly basis.
- Responsible for picking up food donations from local food banks
- Participate as an active member of De Colores' staff in the areas of program activities including staff meetings, trainings and special events.
- Communicate and work effectively with other staff members.
- Demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to cultural issues and community practices of low income and at risk families, including dual language speakers.
- Maintaining confidentiality in administrative and programmatic matters.
- Perform other duties as requested by immediate supervisor necessary to carry out the administrative/programmatic activities.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
· Ability to work in an active environment with clientele that require special attention
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Lead Support Partner. Employee is responsible for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.