Gosiger, Inc., one of the nation’s largest machine tool distributors, is a third-generation, family owned business, founded in 1922 and headquartered in Dayton Ohio. With over 480 employees in 12 offices across the United States; Gosiger, Inc. provides sales, engineering, parts and service support services for high precision CNC machine tools including Okuma and Hardinge in thirteen states. We are a nationally-recognized leader in the rebirth of American manufacturing. We help our customers succeed by: Listening, communicating, solving problems and executing.
Our Gosiger Automation Division also headquartered in Dayton, Ohio offers robotic automation solutions for Okuma and Hardinge machine tools throughout North America. Gosiger Automation integrates Fanuc, ABB and Kuka robots with machine tools and other peripheral equipment to create custom automated parts production systems.
Regional Sales Manager job Summary:
With minimal direct supervision, the incumbent is primarily responsible to drive the sales of automation solutions to end-user customers through Gosiger & Non-Gosiger Okuma Distributorships. This position is primarily accountable for automation sales revenues, gross profit margins, and sales growth/market penetration through the identified account channels.
The incumbent is responsible to define and implement the strategies, plans and tactics to establish, develop, manage and maintain strong distribution partner and end-user customer relationships. The incumbent reports directly to the Vice President & Regional Manager of Gosiger Automation, LLC and interacts with Fanuc, Okuma, other suppliers and divisions for support and assistance.
Essential Accountabilities and Measures:
- Develops and maintains a strong working knowledge of Automation primarily as related to the machine tool industry and related processes, automation products and services sold. Maintains a working familiarity with competitors, competitive products and competitors’ methods helping Gosiger establish and retain a leadership position on the cutting edge of technology.
- Projects to customers through personal professionalism, performance and communications both oral and written the Gosiger competitive edge known as the “Gosiger Advantage”.
- Is primarily responsible as Gosiger’s primary point of customer contact to qualify potential customers and to determine through interview and observation customer automation needs and budgets for potential business opportunities.
- Solicits qualified inputs to determine Gosiger’s ability to provide a viable automation solution for needs identified. Is responsible as Gosiger’s primary point of customer contact to interview customers, collect and disseminate information pertinent to the generation of appropriate automation proposals.
- Primarily responsible for pre-sale project activities however, supports program management of critical / complex / difficult projects (maintains active involvement) through installation to ensure customer satisfaction and provide continuity.
- Has direct input into contract interpretation and all customer discussions regarding changes to the ‘Scope of Work’ and ECO’s.
- Is responsible to produce business presentations and generate automation sales proposals for customers to support identified business opportunities. Presentations and proposals must be detailed appropriately relative to the timing and the probability of a project’s undertaking
- Assumes a ‘total account management role’ and is responsible for; cost estimates, project proposals, communications and issue follow-up and resolution.
- As a business agent of Gosiger and primary customer contact, the incumbent is responsible to monitor and support the timely collection of customer accounts.
- The incumbent must maintain business expenses within budget and/or reasonable limits.
- Ensures ongoing, current communications between the end user, distribution partners and Gosiger team members throughout the course of automation projects.
- Maintains a strong teamwork relationship with distribution partners, Gosiger team members as well as supplier personnel.
- Develops and maintains strong distribution partner and end-user customer relationships and cultivates relationships with prospects. Maintains close relationships with primary suppliers such as Okuma and Fanuc as well as secondary equipment suppliers.
- As the primary point of customer contact, he/she will host customer visits at Gosiger headquarters and/or appropriate supplier sites
- such as Okuma or Fanuc Robotics. The incumbent schedules, circulates agendas for and coordinates all details related to customer visits.
- Assist the development and maintenance of a customer/prospect database. Provides sales forecasts and related reports as required. Reports on customer/call activity weekly and highlights accomplishments and following week sales plan.
- Where divisional procedures are defined, sales processes must be compliant. Provides an annual business plan for strategic planning.
- Responsible for maintaining technical, commercial and interpersonal communications skills through continuous development.
- Attends and actively participates in supplier and company sales training programs.
- As a member of the Gosiger Sales Team; trains, assists and supports other team members within Gosiger on problem solving and meeting division/company goals.
- Continuously reviews current processes and searches out improvement methods to improve product/process quality, reduce waste, rework and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work or process.
- Based on business need, assists/supports in other job functions within department, division and/or company within scope and ability. Assumes accountability and responsibility for assigned projects and programs.
- Experience in machine tool processes / automation engineering demonstrating a strong electro-mechanical/technical aptitude.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills, professional demeanor and customer confidence and relationship building abilities.
- Inquisitive nature, willing and able to ask questions of customers, suppliers and team members necessary to assimilate meaningful, automation solutions.
- Honesty, personal integrity and initiative necessary to work independently without direct supervision or oversight.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to think independently and express/convey new thoughts and alternative methods.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and time management.
- Demonstrated application of basic computer skills. Willingness to learn new skills.
- Strong initiative, competitive nature and strong goal orientation. Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must have a valid driver license and a good driving record.
- Ability and willingness to travel as job demands; minimum 35% travel
- Must be able to travel by airplane or vehicle
- Must have a valid driver license and a good driving record
For over 90 years Gosiger, Inc. has been helping American manufacturers maximize productivity through CNC machinery, equipment, application experience, automation and exceptional service.
Clarence H. Gosiger founded the company in 1922 as The C.H. Gosiger Machinery Company in Dayton, Ohio. From the beginning Mr. Gosiger established close relationships with the pioneering machine tool manufacturers of his time including Monarch Machine Tool, Minster Machine, DeVlieg and Kingsbury. Today the company continues to align itself with the most innovative forces in manufacturing technology; CNC machine manufacturers such as Okuma and Hardinge.
Role: Regional Sales Manager - Gosiger Automation - CNC Machine Tools
Apply for this job now.