· Responsibilities include proper disposal of samples.
· Maintaining cleanliness and organization in the waste disposal room and loading dock area including waste removal throughout the day.
· Properly utilizing personal protective equipment at all times while disposing of samples.
· Load and unload pallets/ boxes/ materials.
· Assist with sample transfer between departments within the laboratory.
· Assist Sample Custodian with sample location as well as returning samples to cooler in proper storage locations (temperature = 4 ̊C) for 3-4 hours per day.
· Organize samples located in waste disposal room.
· Help clean and organize coolers.
· Remove samples from coolers to table, & sort them accordingly
· Learn & become knowledgeable of bottle types, sample test codes and preservatives
· Must adhere to analytical and quality control protocols described in SOP's, the QA Manual, and project specific requirements.
· Will assist with other assigned projects as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
· Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
· Detail oriented, flexible, dependable, with a willingness to learn new things.
· Must be a team player and have good communication & organizational skills.
Salary $14 per hour
Overtime may be required
Requirements High school diploma or GED. AA degree in a life or physical science (biology, chemistry, environmental studies, etc.) preferred.
Women Owned Environmental Testing Lab since 1992
Role: Shipping Receiving- Sample Disposal Tech
Apply for this job now.