An exciting opportunity exists for a Customer Experience Improvement Associate to join our client's operations team based in Cape Town.
The main purpose of this role is to assist business to improve its customers experience and overcome operational hurdles using continuous improvement tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen and PDCA, thereby enabling the business to increase its levels of operations management maturity, innovation, quality, and customer centricity.
This position is responsible for identifying and overcoming operational hurdles, designing / mapping business processes, implementing these processes in conjunction with the business and IT and facilitating workshops with the business.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- Process enhancement and new standards development.
- Identify and develop potential opportunities to enhance current business processes.
- Work with the digital lead to enhance the application of operations management tools, techniques, and process management.
- Act as a project champion for projects that are run at a company level that affect this role.
- Represent the operations business unit and the company's customers interests in process improvement forums, cross-functionals etc.
- Actively implement new processes and or improve older process to enhance the operations and customer experience.
- Process performance analysis and measurement.
- Conduct an annual review of the primary processes in operations to ensure the documentation is maintained.
- Develop and maintain internal operating service levels to include process and task definitions, unit times, service standards, volumes, and frequencies.
- Root cause analysis of key drivers of failure and customer dissatisfaction ensure we focus on the right areas to improve our business.
- Develop and implementation of solutions to improve our business performance through the application of Lean and other continuous improvement methodologies.
- Facilitate Lean (Kaizen) workshops to map current and future state positions.
- Apply the process improvement tools through all stages of their methodologies to identify and resolve the cause of process issues.
- Designing / mapping business process in multiple dimensions using the applicable tools.
- Assist the Business Analysts in identifying and describing IT system changes on approved process improvement projects.
- To manage own professional and self-development.
- Grade 12 or equivalent (essential).
- Recognized qualification in formal improvement methods (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt) (essential).
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Industrial Engineering / Business Management / Information Systems (advantageous).
- 2 - 3 Years' experience in a similar role in the financial services industry (essential).
- 2 - 3 Years' or more proven work experience in a process improvement / continuous improvement role.
- Experience in using a range of common Lean tools including value stream mapping, RCPS and data analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis experience (essential).
- Ability / experience to facilitate at team and HOD level.
- Knowledge of analytics software such as Power BI and using data to make impactful decisions.
- Knowledge of process and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Knowledge of business analysis and agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management.
- Knowledge of customer experience management, management by metrics, quality management and operational excellence.
- Knowledge of Zendesk.