Senior Staff Accountant (SSA)
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Staff Accountant (SSA) will maintain the general and fixed asset ledgers within an integrated financial accounting and reporting system for multiple divisions, joint ventures and subsidiary companies. Responsible for the month-end closing. Perform monthly general ledger account reconciliations, and preparation of accounting reports as required. Act as lead to other accounting positions in analyzing transactions. Prepare month-end correcting and adjusting entries. The SSA will develop expertise in all accounting functions for an integrated financial system, to include AR, AP, Billing, Procurement, and Payroll/Benefit Administration. These duties will include the coordination and facilitation of cross relational activities between and among these functional areas. The SSA will assist the Controller in general cost accounting development and analysis. The SSA will work closely with the Project Ledger Accountant (PLA in reconciling the project ledgers to the general ledger on a monthly/yearly basis; and will develop expertise in all areas of administrative accounting . The SSA will also work closely with the Controller in reviewing, preparing, and reporting Federal, State and local tax requirements.
• Analyze general ledger at month end to include account reconciliations
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to include supporting financial statements
• Assist the PLA in reconciling direct and indirect expense allocations and revenue calculations
• Assist the PLA in reconciling job cost reports to the general ledger
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
• Maintain the fixed asset ledger
• Prepare weekly/monthly cash forecasts
• Responsible for the preparation of corporate, local, State and Federal tax returns and registrations
• Assume SME status and responsibility for all supporting modules within the general ledger accounting system, to include AR, AP, Labor, T&E, FA
• Must be able to cross train accounting staff in secondary functional areas
• Must have general working knowledge of the PLA’s responsibilities
• Coordinate and conduct special projects as required by outside corporate and government auditors, and executive management
• Assist in preparation of year-end audits, and periodic Federal and State auditing requirements
Qualifications/Skill And Knowledge
• BS/BA in Accounting/Finance.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in corporate accounting functions, or similar experience in public accounting
• Experience in Cost Point, Oracle, SAP or similar integrated financial accounting/reporting systems is a requirement, in addition to demonstrated knowledge in input/output controls/procedures, and cross functional responsibilities
• Governmental contracting experience and knowledge of Federal accounting regulations is desired
• Knowledge of Federal/State/local tax accounting and reporting requirements is desired
• Proven self-starter with demonstrated supervisory and organizational skills
• Excellent PC skills
CFS is a leading, employee-owned accounting and financial staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting & finance professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire and project support to interim management.
CFS has twice been named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” and twice cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies.”
Role: Senior Staff Accountant
Apply for this job now.