Strong growth manufacturing & assembly operation with an immediate need for a Director of Manufacturing for our West Coast operations. You should be a proven multi-site manufacturing leader responsible for providing leadership, planning & direction to multiple manufacturing plant operations.
Your experience should include single plant & production leadership positions (and multiple Plant responsibility) where you have been responsible for day-to-day plant operations including maintenance, P&L, shipping & receiving, assembly, and production.
· Develop and maintain manufacturing budgets and production goals for 5+ current plants within the West Region initially.
· Responsible for manufacturing and logistics related activities for the plant operations including production, planning/scheduling, assembly, re-manufacturing, and transportation.
· Oversees all resources related to manpower, assets, and capabilities for the region.
· Direct reports include Plant Managers at the plants in the region and/or other category Managers.
· You will assess plant performance against Operating Plans & Standards and ensures that plant performance meets goals and meets or exceeds customer requirements.
· You will develop and maintain a favorable employee relations environment and work with staff members on their growth and development to ensure that employees feel encouraged and motivated to contribute at their full potential.
· Ensures labor cost, equipment efficiency and material are optimized at all plants.
· Champion Safety and ensure achievement of the plant’s safety objectives.
· You will be accountable for the justification and cost control of capital expenditures.
· Develops performance standards, establish the departmental engineering and documentation standards, identifies the customer needs (internal or external) and contract requirements.
· Establish a culture of Lean Manufacturing in all plants.
You must be able to identify project tasks, develop plans and then implement plans. You should have experience driving performance in at least 2 plants. Looking for Lean Manufacturing & Six Sigma problem solving skills.
· You should have 6+ years of manufacturing leadership/management experience.
· You should have operating performance responsibility for multiple plants.
· You should have experience developing KPI’s and metrics for manufacturing performance.
· BS degree in Business or Engineering.
· An MBA and/or a Master’s degree would be a plus.
· We are looking for a proven multi-site manufacturing leader that is very employee focused.
· You should have Lean Manufacturing experience.
· You should have knowledge of manufacturing & distribution capabilities, process improvements, determine root cause, ISO experience, tooling, project costing methods, assembly procedures, bill of material structure, and computer skills.
· You should have Operating and Capital Budget development, understand the P&L, and plant management experience.
This position has a base salary range of $125-150k + Bonus opportunity, benefit program, and relocation assistance.
A dynamic, strong growth, company where you will make a difference!
Role: Director of West Coast Manufacturing
Apply for this job now.