The dishwasher will perform your scheduled position in a professional manner, while proactively assisting fellow team members as needed and as directed by the management team. The dishwasher will report to the chef and sous chef and is a part time position.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have 1+ year previous experience in dishwasher position.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to 5 hours in length.
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Hours may be different every week and schedules are not set or guaranteed.
SKILLS AND KEY ATTRIBUTES REQUIREDS
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Embraces all of Pacific Catch’s Core Values, Hospitality Standards and Team Member Standards. Follows all Pacific Catch policies and standards, as described in the Pacific Catch Team Member Handbook.
- Ability to consistently maintain a positive, friendly attitude no matter the emotional state of self or co-workers.
- High personal standards for food quality, cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene.
- Highly reliable, responsible, honest and focused on supporting the team at all times.
- Punctual, strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. No history of attendance or reliability issues with former employers.
- Openness to constructive feedback and being coached/mentored.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to follow documented recipes with 100% accuracy.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SERVER INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Arrive on time, in proper uniform, ready to work.
- Wash hands before and throughout shift, and always between prep items.
- Ensure that all food meets quality and presentation standards.
- Maintain constant communication with chef and/or sous chef.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation, cleaning as you go.
- Throughout shift, clean dish machine, walls around, shelves, floor, tools, empty food traps clean and any surface that has come into contact with product. Repeat at end of shift.
- Use sanitation bucket. Sanitize workstation and tools between prep jobs to prevent cross-contamination.
- Sweep back kitchen every 30 minutes and mop when necessary.
- Adhere to uniform policy and standards. Always remove chef coat and apron when walking through restaurant or using the rest room. Always wear slip-resistant shoes.
- Wear cutting glove and use sharp knives at all times when cutting product.
- Set up and break down station daily.
- Receive product and deliveries. Audit product for accuracy; date produce boxes/containers with correct date.
- Put away product observing FIFO procedures. Responsible for FIFO rotation of product in fridge and freezer throughout shift.
- Prep any products assigned to you in a timely manner using prep sheets and recipe books and following the recipes properly, accurately and 100% of the time.
- Exercise care with all utensils, china, and equipment to ensure minimum breakage.
- Adhere to Pacific Catch’s waste disposal standards, recycling and composting 100%.
- When time allows, cross train all stations on the line.
Pacific Catch is a modern, comfortable, Westcoast Fish House that combines fine-dining culinary experience with a casual California lifestyle. Dedicated to delivering high quality seafood with a unique perspective, the menu explores preparation styles and ingredients found throughout the Pacific. We also offer a variety of lunch and dinner Daily Catch specials and a rotation of promotions highlighting a specific region in the Pacific, or local, seasonal offerings.
Role: Restaurant Dishwasher
Location: San Jose,
Apply for this job now.