We are a high volume repair center seeking a qualified Mechanic/Technician to repair a variety of industrial equipment including, but not limited to, dehumidifiers, air-movers, ride on scrubbers, generators, vacuums, pressure washers, carpet extractors, gas engines, snow and tractor equipment, and many other types of equipment
Responsibility would entail the maintenance and repair of janitorial equipment and related items, of which the primary responsibility would be to ensure that all equipment is maintained and repaired properly so it is safe for the end user.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow safety policies and procedures without exception.
- Diagnosis and repair of various types of janitorial equipment.
- Must be computer proficient and able to use our service center software to enter repair data and diagnostic outcome.
- Able look-up and read schematics on various vendors’ sites.
- Provide outstanding customer service for internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Document work performed.
- Perform work, as outlined on the repair order, with efficiency and accuracy.
- Attention to detail.
- Good oral and written communication skills
•Electrical and mechanical experience a must; combination knowledge of electrical, plumbing, machinist & welding a positive. Auto mechanic skills are comparable of skill set required.
•Applying general maintenance and repair principles and practices.
•Operating a variety of hand, and power equipment.
•Reading and applying, schematics, and other information.
•Ability to apply various principles and practices in a variety of skilled-trades areas.
•Complying with safety and operational guidelines, policies, and procedures.
•Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
•Must have good performance work history and excellent attendance history.
•Must be self-motivated.
Forklift operation and skid steer operation is a plus.
Tools will be provided.
Valid driver’s license and clean driving record necessary.
***ELIGIBLE FOR MONTHLY BONUS PROGRAM AFTER QUALIFYING!***
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Service environment.
- Commit and ensure that all safety practices and tools are being effectively utilized.
- Physical activities include: regular standing, walking, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing stairs and/ or ladders, and the use of hands to lift and pull.
- Regularly lift and/ or move up to 25 lbs, frequently lift and/ or move up to 50 lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
Strauss Paper Company is a leading wholesale distributor of janitorial supplies, janitorial equipment, washroom supplies, and sustainable green products. We also provide state-of-the-art training and equipment repairs. Our customers range from small to large facilities and include building service contractors, property managers, and healthcare, education, hospitality, and transportation facilities. Located in Westchester County NY, we have been proudly making our customers shine in the New York Tri-State Area for 70 years.
Role: Janitorial Equipment Technician / Mechanic
Location: Port Chester,
Apply for this job now.