COMPANY: NETWORKERS TECHNOLOGY
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Great opportunity to work with one of the Top 10 DOD Aerospace & Defense companies in the United States
- Participate in the full Engineering Lifecycle of systems, including requirements gathering, generation, and maintenance of requirements, design, development, test, integration, validation and verification, and support.
- Perform traceability of requirements using requirements management tools.
- Perform testing of new Hardware and Software in a Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL).
- Perform reviews of supplier performance, be actively involved in supplier and system-level reviews, and be an integral part of accepting the supplier deliveries.
- Be an integral part of supporting Airworthiness Qualification with the customer.
- Learn about competing and complimentary Electronic Warfare systems and apply this knowledge to the development and enhancement of SELEX Galileo products.
- Assist team-members, customers, end-users, and partners with issue/problem resolutions; including writing of technical documentation and participation in technical meetings.
- Limited input into the Software and Computer Engineering aspects of new equipment design and integration (e.g. Operating System setup, Drivers, and Interfaces).
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US SECRET security clearance (active clearance desired).
- Highly polished verbal and written communication skills - Able to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical counterparts; and write well-structured, readable, and concise documents.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in engineering, product development and the lifecycle of military systems is preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of commonly used military communication interfaces, such as MIL-STD-1553, EIA232/422/485, HDLC, and Ethernet.
- Familiarity with regularly used military standards for equipment operation, such as MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, and MIL-STD-704.
- Limited experience in Electrical engineering and/or Computer Engineering is desirable but not essential.
- Good presentation skills and confidence to present to an audience are desirable.
- Strong relationship skills are necessary, with an ability to effectively work both alone or in a team to meet project schedules, budgets, and requirements.
- Candidate is expected to apply a customer-focused, conscientious, and analytical approach to their work and have the ability to prioritize and respond dynamically to a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with standard office PC environment (MS Windows 7, MS Office 2010, etc.) required.
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related engineering degree.
- Office environment with Huntsville, Al as the primary work location.
- Regular demonstrations and testing within the SG Inc. Systems Integration Laboratory.
Travel: Occasional travel required to customer and partner laboratories, including Electronic Warfare (EW) ranges.
- provided by Dice