Customs Clearance Clerk - VR/21663
The Company & Role:
Our client, a worldwide logistics company, is currently looking for a Customs Clearance Clerk to join their team in Basildon.
Duties of Customs Clearance Clerk:
- Ensuring compliance of standard operating procedures for Customs & AEO processes.
- Responding to requests for customs services providing effective & efficient solutions to facilitate adherence to operational & service deadlines.
- Collaboration with internal customers to maximise synergies & promote cross team, branch interactions & communications.
- Direct liaison with customers & Customs authorities such as HMRC & other agencies.
- Support HMRC AEO audits, internal AEO monitoring activities & HMRC assurance events.
- Support the department to resolve day to day issues and queries.
Experience required for the Customs Clearance Clerk:
- Good comprehension of Customs procedures & formalities.
- Knowledge of & familiarity with UK CHIEF system & proprietary software systems.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs & DataFreight.
- Leadership skills with proven track record.
- Excellent problem solving & analysis skills.
- Attention to detail & high levels of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Supportive & coaching capabilities.
If you're interested in the role of Customs Clearance Clerk, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV or email the Shipping Team on #removed#
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, 'project managed' approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruit's mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.