Provide leadership and guidance to assigned team of technicians and ensures the team is operating within business unit and company guidelines while conforming to state and local codes. Manages, coaches and develops and direct reports to achieve performance goals and company objectives.
• Manages and provides guidance to service technicians and participates in manager on-call/stand-by rotation as dictated by policies and procedures. Ensures the team is operating within the guidelines of the company and the business unit, while conforming to state and local codes.
• Coordinates all HR related issues and participates in all hiring activities, including directly recommending candidates for hire. Conducts timely, complete and meaningful performance management conversations that help grow employee careers. Manages disciplinary measures when necessary, and conveys all critical issues to the senior service manager.
• Demonstrates a proficient understanding of service reporting metrics to lead and manage the business results of the team.
• Maintains strong customer relationships and ensures service technician performance meets customer requirements through direct management and communication. Helps generate sales proposals. Provides technical assistance, invoice dispute resolution and accounts receivable feedback.
• Manages revenue goals as set in annual strategic planning. Monitors technician labor hours for efficiency and safety, and ensures work orders and time sheets are accurate. Reviews the Technician Productivity Report each month and provides feedback to service technicians. Feedback includes highlighting areas where productivity needs to be improved and recognizing individuals for outstanding performance.
• Conducts safety meetings with service technicians to help identify and develop policies and procedures for continuous aggressive improvement. Performs safety observations and ensures safety rules, policies, awareness and practices are followed, and corrective measures are implemented. Ensures that in the event of injury or incident, all reporting and incident investigations in the specific business segment team are performed in accordance with the guidelines of company policy.
• High School or GED. Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred.
• Must possess required registrations, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.
• At least 7 years' experience in the HVAC Field with either 3-5 years managing commercial HVAC service or 5 years managing residential HVAC service. • Excellent knowledge of HVAC installation and theory.
• Electrical experience is a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of MEP systems, service processes, techniques and codes required. • Must be proficient in reading complex schematics and/or blue prints.
• Strong client-facing and communication skills. • Excellent presentation and leadership skills.
• Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex business, technical or field/operations support team(s). Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager.
• Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.
• Work performed in an open office / collaborative environment.
Organization - Wide Competencies Business Expertise:
Applies understanding of the business and how own area integrates with others to achieve departmental objectives. Leadership: Leads with a servant's heart. Delivers timely and constructive feedback with respect and humility. Develops others by teaching, guiding and inspiring. Demonstrates belief in all people by encouraging each Partner to achieve their personal best.
Problem Solving: Identifies and solves technical and operational problems; understands and recognizes broader impact across the department.
Impact: Guided by policies and departmental plan, impacts the team's ability to achieve service, quality and timeliness of objectives.
Interpersonal Skills: Guides and influences others either internally or externally to adopt a different point of view.
Family owned and operated since 2003, Rich Services specializes in full service Electrical and HVAC Service and Commercial Construction. Areas our construction projects are in Austin, Georgetown, Belton, Temple and Killeen Texas.
At Rich Services we believe our employees are our greatest asset. We have a very family oriented corporate culture and believe strongly in investing in our own. We provide the opportunity for each employee to reach his or her potential. Integrity, hard work and loyalty are the core fibers that make up our team.
Rich Services offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and their eligible dependents which includes medical, dental, vision, paid vacations and holidays, 401k plan with company match.
Role: HVAC Service Manager
Apply for this job now.