Drives daily improvements to cost and quality by collabrating with and leading teams to make quality better every day, conducting process and product audits, solving problems, and actively participating in kaizen events and other lean activities.
- Plans, conducts, and leads studies and audits of new and existing materials, products and processes to identify conformance to requirements and areas for improvement.
- Proactively drives improvements to products and processes.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Develops and performs sampling procedures; designs forms for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data; writes instructions on use of forms.
- Establishes programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production and processing equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical facilities.
- Participates on kaizen events as a subject matter expert of quality and lean processes.
- Develops quality-related training materials and conducts training sessions on quality-related topics.
Must have or be willing to acquire skills and knowledge of quality concepts and quality tools in ASQ certified quality technician body of knowledge.
- Strong leadership abilities with cross functional coworkers.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of coworkers.
- ASQ certified quality technician certification.
- Ability to use quality tools, basic SPC, inspection techniques, sampling, quality audits, corrective action, and control of nonconforming materials.
- Ability to use MS Office products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Ability to drive root cause improvements using formal problems solving tools.
- Ability to lead kaizen teams to drive improvements to cost and quality.
- Ability to learn new concepts, tools and materials for self improvement.
Located in the Beautiful Lakes Region of Northwest Iowa, Pure Fishing, a growing company and world leader in the fishing tackle industry, is looking for self-starting, highly motivated individuals to support our continued success.
Pure Fishing has a rich culture and heritage, and provides coworkers with a unique employment experience, along with competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
Role: Quality Assurance Specialist
Location: Spirit Lake,
Apply for this job now.