The groundskeeper provides maintenance services for the grounds at Soboba Casino. At times, will help with work requisitions submitted by casino and reservation departments. Landscape or maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment. Groundskeeper will perform
a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking, sprinkler installation, and installation of mortar less segmental concrete masonry wall units.
- Maintaining the property's trees, shrubs and plant life.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, and other grounds features.
- Keeps storage areas in a clean and acceptable condition.
- Responsible for sweeping / removing litter around the casino and arena area.
- Pick up loose articles of garbage which are found to be littering the ground, to include inspections of
- Assist in resetting fence posts and to generally fix or repair items or signage which may have been damaged or knocked over by the public.
- May be assigned other duties by Supervisor as needs arise in order to maintain Casino and
- Must be physically present to work a regular, reliable, and predictable work
schedule in accordance with business demands, and maintain a consistent and
regular attendance record.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities, tasks, or duties as requested.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, deliver superior service to internal and external guests, exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, and integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
- Employ positive communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in the workplace, including appearance, communication,
attendance, reliability, and teamwork.
- Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time management skills, leading to the highest levels of productivity.
- Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the position and demonstrate proficiency in the
- Demonstrate support and comply with all Safety program elements including: adherence to
policies, exercise of safe work practices, participation in training, use of protective equipment, and reporting all safety concerns, hazards, and non-compliant practices.
- Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations,
staffing, personal development, and operational productivity.
- Serve as a contributing Team Member of the Soboba Band of Luiseño Indians enhancing
the Casino's operations in all its business endeavors.
Education / Qualifications
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- Education, training or prior experience in building maintenance in a large customer facility preferred.
- A willingness to learn necessary skills and procedures to perform work required.
- Must have experience with horticulture and landscape practices.
- Any combination of education beyond the minimum requirement as well as any experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary will be considered.
- Must be able to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the United States of America.
Certificates, licenses and registration
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Soboba Tribal Gaming Commission license.
- Required to submit to and obtain negative results on all drug and/or alcohol testing.
Soboba Casino Resort Benefits
Full-time team members are eligible to participate in a variety of group health and wellness benefits upon timely submission of appropriate enrollment forms. Coverage effective dates vary by plan and additional information will be provided to you during New Hire Orientation. Benefit offerings may change from time-to-time, but presently, Soboba Casino resort offers the following:
- 401k Plan
- Basic Life Insurance employer paid ($20,000) with the option to purchase Supplemental Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental & Vision paid for the employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program (Annual Health Fair, Wellness Education, and Incentive Programs)
- Paid Time Off
Soboba Casino Resort Team Member Recognition including, but not limited to:
- Reward and Recognition Program (Quarterly, and Annually)
- Team member Incentives
- Free Team member meal