Finance Manager/Senior Manager (FP&A)
Requisition Number: FIN21-902
Blueprint Medicines is a global precision therapy company that invents life-changing therapies for people with cancer and hematologic disorders. Applying an approach that is both precise and agile, we create medicines that selectively target genetic drivers, with the goal of staying one step ahead across stages of disease. Since 2011, we have leveraged our research platform, including expertise in molecular targeting and world-class drug design capabilities, to rapidly and reproducibly translate science into a broad pipeline of precision therapies. Today, we are delivering approved medicines directly to patients in the United States and Europe, and we are globally advancing multiple programs for genomically defined cancers, systemic mastocytosis, and cancer immunotherapy.
What will you do?
As a member of the Finance team at Blueprint Medicines, you will partner with the organization and be a core contributor in financial forecasting, reporting, systems & analysis. The role will focus on the analytics that support strategic financial planning, budgets, forecasting, asset valuation, monthly financial reporting, and portfolio management. This role will be a hands-on resource to senior management, department heads, and project leads. This is an opportunity to provide support and leadership on key strategic business initiatives at a time of high-growth. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment, this could be the opportunity for you!
What will be your responsibilities?
- Key FP&A support role for the development organization, which includes the development of annual budgets, periodic forecasts and long-range planning
- Drive internal management of the report generation process, and use the Oracle financial planning and budgeting system to enhance our analytical tools and support monthly reporting
- Provide both operational and strategic financial support to help facilitate decision making
- Partner with program team leaders and functional heads to ensure financial information (budget vs. actual) is provided in an accurate and timely manner, present key insights or trends that require attention and enable budget owners to manage their budgets
- Collaborate with program and functional leaders to ensure consistency between corporate goals, program timelines, and program financial plans
- Conduct ad hoc financial modeling to support business case development as well as cost and sensitivity analyses
- Drive continuous improvement within the finance organization to streamline processes and improve communication and flow of information to the business
- Work with finance management on special projects as the need arises, including business development, NPV analysis and investor relations support
What qualifications do we require?
- 5+ years of proven experience providing financial support within the biotechnology / pharmaceutical industries
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field
What capabilities do you bring?
- Strong experience with ERP systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP) and planning and reporting tools
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly proficient in Excel, demonstrated expertise in crafting and maintaining forecasts and sophisticated financial models
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and oral) to effectively influence decision-making
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Feels at home in a highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Who we are:
We don't think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together in a diverse community. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.
Powered by JazzHR