Company: UNITED HERITAGE CREDIT UNION
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
We are looking for a passionate Junior Corporate Recruiter who may not have a ton of recruiting experience, but is eager to learn and roll up their sleeves! You will start out by executing the talent acquisition process for entry-level positions that are assigned to you throughout all branches and departments of the Credit Union, transitioning to management/supervisor level positions as you develop in your role.
This is a newly created position that will work under the direction of the TA Manager and will be joining a 6 person HR Team. Your responsibilities will include opening requisitions, writing compelling job postings, sourcing candidates, conducting phone screens, composing interview questions, coordinating and participating in interviews, and extending offers. You will ensure a positive and professional experience for a variety of exempt and non-exempt positions, collaborating with the TA Manager to ensure talent acquisition goals and objectives are consistently met.
Here's what you can expect day to day...
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers and other team members to create a partnership that yields success, predictable results and credibility.
- Create a positive candidate experience through a professionally administered talent acquisition process which includes appropriate responses to applications and inquiries; a carefully planned interview schedule; educated interviewers; and timely notification to candidates when a selection decision has been reached.
- Conduct in-take calls with hiring managers to obtain the information necessary to compose a compelling, concise, and accurate job posting.
- Be creative in utilizing different sourcing channels including social media, LinkedIn, professional organizations, colleges and universities.
- Utilize an ATS to recruit and screen candidates, tracking throughout the life cycle of the hiring process and maintaining candidate status within the ATS.
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements.
- Conduct phone screens with applicants who meet the basic qualifications for each position, ensuring responses are documented and qualified candidates are sent to hiring managers for review.
- Administer on-line pre-employment assessments via assessment testing system. Provide advice and education to Hiring Managers based on exam results.
- Prepare offer letters and other candidate communications. Negotiate offers as necessary.
- Administer and maintain information regarding all background checks, escalating issues to TA Manager as needed.
Here's what you bring to our Talent Acquisition Team:
- Accredited Bachelor's degree in a related field. PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or SHRM's Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential is a plus!
- 1+ year of full-cycle recruiting experience in a professional corporate environment and adept in high volume sourcing.
- 1+ year of experience recruiting for both non-exempt and exempt level roles.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting for multiple hiring managers across multiple business units.
- Demonstrated experience using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and viewing/actioning candidate profiles.
- Demonstrated experience conducting competency/situational based interviews.
- Demonstrated experience with online recruiting methods and utilizing social media.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey information to hiring managers and candidates in an easy to understand manner. You are well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails.
- Experience working at a bank or credit union is a plus!
About United Heritage Credit Union:
The Credit Union was established in 1957 as an Austin-based credit union, and over 60 years later we continue to serve communities in 18 counties, as well as those that live in the rest of Texas through TXCC membership. Through innovative technology, exemplary service standards and competitive products, United Heritage continues to be a strong force in the credit union industry. UHCU has over $1 billion in assets, more than 64,000 members, 11 locations, and approximately 245 employees. We are a full-service financial institution whose vision is "To Be the Financial Institution of Choice." Our team members voted us as one of the Austin-American Statesman's Top Workplaces for six consecutive years. Being part of our credit union means being part of our community.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 401(k) options (Pre-Tax and/or Roth)
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Opportunity to advance!
Important Note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at UHCU may include phone interviews, as well as 1st & 2nd round interviews. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates whom we identify as a potential fit. We will be sure to contact you if that is the case!