COMPANY: ORTHO EXECUTIVE LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: Up to £45,000 per annum Uncapped bonus, car, phone, laptop
An exciting opportunity for an experienced TSM to join a high performing General Surgery division of a well-established medical device company. Basic salary and commission, car, with pension and healthcare after qualifying period - come and join a dedicated and experienced team in the medical device industry.
Location - M62 Corridor, Barnsley, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Hull, Bradford, Harrogate, York.
Responsible for all sales activities and local support to customers and prospective customers in an assigned territory for the achievement of annual sales objective, customer satisfaction and long term account goals in line with company vision and values.
RESPONSIBILITIES and ROLE
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients focused on monthly targets to meet or exceed sales objective (annual territory sales forecast). Pricing other than price list requires management pre-approval.
- Prepare and execute a sales plan updated monthly to support the sales objective and as agreed by your manager to encompass the portfolio of products to sell to our customers.
- Organise time management to maximise customer target audience by way of appointments. Assemble action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Communicate a variety of activity information including contacts, sales potential, competitors, place in sales cycle, presentations made, trials and trial outcome, through timely submission of monthly reports.
- Prepare business proposals, pricing quotes, and presentations necessary to support or close sale, Work closely and timely with the office administration and management where requested.
- Organise and manage portfolio of carry-in sample products and collateral to support call program, trials and meetings. Submit on-time monthly inventory reports of direct product consumption for traceability.
- Learn anatomical structures, acronyms, clinical and surgical procedures to appropriately support and demonstrate products.
- Communicate regularly with your manager and utilise his or her experiences to strengthen your business acumen. Respond/acknowledge communications received within 24 hours.
- Engage with team to share in market developments, success stores and shortfalls to foster positive spirit and team building between peers, manager, and marketplace.
- Take initiative to recommending new ideas, conducting market intelligence, gathering business opportunity and include in monthly report or share with team via email if important to business practice.
- Understand and conform to company rules and policies, including business conduct, corporate ethics, quality system compliance and regulatory affairs requirements. Take affirmative steps to learn the specific policies and requirements that apply to this job position. Incorporate requirements of ethics, quality systems and other corporate policies into the day to day activities and long range planning and decision making. Seek advice from appropriate management or functional department when necessary to ensure compliance with corporate policies and regulations.
- Be customer centric with emphasis to support and enrich customer and KOL relations; identify and resolve client concerns.
- Complete and submit timely expense reports as set out by the Accounts Department timeframe requirements.
- Be prepared to be scored quarterly on work ethic, motivation, teamwork, coachability, organisation and time management, communication, territory management, sales activity, account penetration, new business, sales volume, knowledge base, selling skills, report submissions, and execution of sales plan to continuously improve your overall performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant field
- Two years prior sales experience in outside sales. Experience in building and maintaining relationships with surgeons and hospitals in respective areas would be beneficial.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills, reading, writing and arithmetic skills acquired through a college degree or equivalent.
- Applied understanding on correct office technologies, MS, office suite, databases etc.
- Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, compose and edit written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Applied knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services, This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales technique and control systems.
- Demonstrate professionalism and represent a positive company image to the team and public.
- Early starter committed to long days where travel or traffic impinges on sales time
- High ethical values, honesty and integrity
- Self-confident, possessing courage and creativity
- Commitment to continuous improvement, accept feedback and strive to be better each day
- Self-motivated, energetic, enthusiastic and goal orientated; willing to self-measure daily value to company.
Position is field based and requires residence within territory. Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients.
Maintenance of a valid driver’s license is a requirement submitted as and when requested by HR to have a copy on personnel file.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule with occasional need for overnight and weekend travel, subject to management approval.
Role: Medical Sales Territory Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: York, North Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
Apply for this job now.