IT Portfolio Manager
Salary Up to £60k Plus £7,200 Car Allowance
*The candidate doesn't have to be basded in Manchester, but will be expected to travel to Manchester several times per month.
As a real 'hands-on Player Manager', you'll play key aspect of the role is that the client looking for someone who has delivered business change programmes, built partnerships with businesses; and has done hands-on delivery. The primary focus will be on delivery and analysis of the IT Change Portfolio. We're looking for someone who can deliver business change projects, including application and system changes as well as process change and represent Group IT at the senior business table & engaging with stakeholders / different approaches.
You'll be a great cog within the software enhancement / change Delivery / Business Process through superb stakeholder management skills.
IT Portfolio Manager Essential / Desirable Qualifications / Experience / Personal Attributes:
* Strong Business partnership and stakeholder management skills
* Commercial focus
* PMO and Portfolio Management including scheduling, delivery, tracking and reporting
* Hands on Project Management and analysis of IT projects
* Good communication and negotiation skills
* Ability to adapt quickly within a constantly changing fast paced environment
* Steadfast in doing 'the right thing'
* Leadership and Management
* Breadth of IT experience
* IT Transformation
* MS Project
* IT Operational/Functional experience
As IT Portfolio Manager / Head of IT Programmes you will support the businesses on all aspects of IT delivery. The role will work with the IT Leadership team and the client leadership teams to identify and deliver the 'right thing' to enable business benefits. We're looking for someone who has delivered business change programmes, built partnerships with the business and has done hands-on delivery.
The role-holder will act as the IT Business Partner for the businesses so will represent all aspects of IT - Change Delivery, Infrastructure/Support, Security etc, but primary focus will be on delivery and analysis of the IT Change Portfolio. The IT Portfolio Manager / Head of IT Programmes role will lead a number of Project Managers and Project Analysts to deliver approved IT & Change Projects
IT Portfolio Manager Key Activities:
* The day to day delivery and reporting of the approved IT Change Portfolio. Working in partnership with the IT Leadership team and the business leadership team to mitigate risk and resolve any delivery issues
* Tracking and reporting of progress to the IT Leadership Team and the Business Leadership community
* Analysis and hands-on delivery of approved projects. This will include the control of budget, scope, resource, timescales and quality.
* Ensuring project and portfolio management standards are defined and adhered to.
* Supporting the Group IT Director and IT Leadership team in IT transformation
* Leadership and development of aligned Project Managers and Analysts
* Capacity Management for the aligned Project Managers and Analysts
* Analysis of assigned change initiatives to define requirements and solutions to deliver the 'right' solution which meets standards on Information Security, Architectural Strategy and Cost/Benefit
* Balanced scorecard for Group IT change delivery
* Partnership with the businesses Leadership Teams