ABC Teachers require a BSL (British Sign Language) interpreter to work with an adult learner in a college setting 2 times a week. There will be one evening and one morning session required from September for 70 sessions in total.
- Supporting an adult learner in their Maths and English classes
- Interpreting BSL between the tutor and the learner
- Working on a Monday morning and a Tuesday evening
- Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is experience soeaking and using British Sign Language
- ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
- A well-established further education setting based in Telford
- Very forward thinking building and resources with a strong team ethos
- Car parking and Starbucks on site
- Easily accessible from Telford, Wolverhampton and Shropshire
To be considered for the British Sign Language position, you will:
• Have recent experience speaking and using British Sign Language
• Have suitable qualifications to work with British Sign Language such as BSL Level 2 or 3
• Have strong communication skills with the ability to quickly build a rapport with students and staff alike
• Be able to successfully work as part of a team and be confident to work independently
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an British Sign Language Interpreter who can enthuse, motivate and engage students then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our SEND team on #removed#.
PLEASE NOTE: due to COVID-19, we are currently completing interviews and registrations online via secure web rooms. The technology we have put into place ensures that we can move forward with your application.