I am looking for an experienced Residential Support Worker, capable of working with children and adults with complex needs, PMLD and physical disabilities to join a nurturing and well-established children's home in Totnes with immediate start.
Do you thrive in a setting where you can enhance the quality of life for vulnerable young people? Are you a self-starter who is motivated to work both under their own guidance and as a part of a team?
The service is a homely, purpose-built setting with 10 beds and caters for children aged 4-19 years old who have varied disabilities, including PMLD, SLD, Low Functioning Autism, Asperger's, complex medical needs, behavioural difficulties and epilepsy among various other needs. You will be required to support residents on a night shift pattern, working 12 hour shifts on a 3 on 3 off basis to ensure the smooth running of the service and the well-being of the service users during their stay.
You will have the opportunity to support children and young adults from various backgrounds as the service is both a permanent residence and a respite service. This offers a unique opportunity to gain incredibly diverse experience with SEND / Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Personal care, including washing, feeding, dressing and pad changing
- Medication distribution (training can be provided)
- Manual handling (training can be provided)
- 2:1 support with other team members
- Cleaning, laundry and general service upkeep
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a welcoming team who will nourish you to grow in your career as a Residential Support Worker. The staff are a family unit and the environment provides one unified goal - quality of life, inclusion and happiness.
Staff here benefit from great support from management and their team members, excellent rates of pay and a generous holiday allowance.
The requirements you will need to be considered for this role are:
- Experience working in residential care / care settings
- Experience of 6 months or more with SEND
- Level 3 NVQ in Children and Young People's Workforce (or similar)
- Experience with medication distribution
- Manual Handling training (not essential but highly beneficial)
- Experience with epilepsy (not essential but highly beneficial)
To be considered for this position, please contact Alec on #removed# or email #removed#