- Are you looking for a career, not just a job?
- Would you like to work for a well established company who provides excellent working conditions, and a good remuneration package together with training and development?
- Are you an experienced Service Engineer?
If so then PLEASE READ ON!
Our Alfreton based client who has been trading for over 50 years and now currently seeking an experienced Service Engineer with an immediate start!
The ideal candidate:
- Experience of servicing plant and equipment within industrial and/or construction.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Great working knowledge of hydraulics, engines, electrics and fault diagnosis are essential, with main dealer experience a distinct advantage.
Main Purpose Of Job:
- To diagnose faults, repair and test equipment. Record work done and report any faults not corrected.
- A degree of flexibility is required towards working hours, as there is a requirement to work 'outside of normal working hours'.
Individual Key Objectives:
- To receive electronic (written and verbal) instructions in for the form of a handheld PDA, in the event of breakdown.
- Undertake comprehensive risk assessments and ensure safe working practices are in place, whilst undertaking work.
- Diagnose faults and report to Supervisor/ Manager for instructions as to whether to proceed with repair.
- Ensure that all work is completed within specified time frames.
- Maintain acceptable levels of quality.
- Identify and then liaise with Supervisor/ Manager where extra work is found to be necessary.
- Ensure that full authority is obtained before undertaking any extra work.
- Ensure that safety standards are maintained.
- Ensure all due care is given to customers' property.
- Obtain necessary parts from stores.
- Effect repair and test in a timely manner.
- To accurately complete and sign off all job cards (electronic or written), giving full description of work carried out.
- Advise supervisor when completion times cannot be met.
- Where necessary discuss vehicle concerns direct with customer.
- Achieve minimum standards (set by Manager/Supervisor) of customer satisfaction
In return, our client offer's excellent working conditions, and a good remuneration package together with training and development.
40 hour contract
Salary - £14.00 Per Hour
+ Overtime available
Monthly bonus potential
van is for work use only, not for personal use
OEM training with full diagnostics