Looking for production team members to provide exceptional service.
As a member of our team, you are provided with:
- Flexible schedule
- Room for growth
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
As a Line cook, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing our outstanding food, presentation and accuracy a must
Using a variety of kitchen equipment as needed to meet restaurant demands
Ensuring great quality of products served
Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period
Maintaining a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
Following proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
The ideal candidate for the position would have:
- Great interpersonal skills and be able to retain menu items information
- Have basic math and reading skills
- Have the ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and maintain a professional working relationship with co-workers
- The ability to handle high stress situations a plus
- Availability to work weekends
- Be able to thrive in a fast paced environment
Many of our current employees have built careers with Steak n Shake, you can too! If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply with your resume today!
Steak 'n Shake was founded in February, 1934 in Normal, Illinois. Gus Belt, Steak 'n Shake's founder, pioneered the concept of premium burgers and milk shakes.
For over 80 years, the company's name has been symbolic of its heritage. The word "steak" stood for STEAKBURGER. The term "shake" stood for hand-dipped MILK SHAKES. Gus was determined to serve his customers the finest burgers and shakes in the business. To prove his point that his burgers were exceptionally prime, he would wheel in a barrel of steaks (including round, sirloin, and T-bones) and grind the meat into burgers right in front of the guests. Hence arose the origin of our famous slogan, "In Sight It Must Be Right."
After 80 years, we are continuing Steak n Shake's tradition of serving the country's best, freshest, and tastiest burgers and shakes.
Role: Line Cook
Apply for this job now.