Shift: 1st shift: Thursday through Sunday Saturday through Tuesday
Hours: 6:00 am - 4:30 pm
1st Shift Thur. - Sun or Sat. - Tues. 6:00a - 4:30 pm
Pay: $20.00 *Temp to Hire Position*
*****Train on 1st M-F 7a-3:30p*****
*If Qualified you may also apply online: #removed#*
Primarily responsible for testing of raw materials and finished products using techniques such as real time PCR and ELISA assays. Will also have conduct microbiology testing of raw materials, and finished products. Provide necessary information to Lab Manager regarding the status of testing. Ensure and adhere to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations. Independently evaluate raw data and use sound judgment in selecting additional testing if needed for follow-up. Ensure coverage and performance to meet production and manufacturing schedules. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Present an attitude that fosters team work and promotes positive morale of fellow lab staff
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
· Conduct real time PCR testing of raw materials, and finished products for species identification.
· Perform ELISA based assays for allergens.
· Preparation of all reagents and standards needed for testing. Including detail documentation of solutions.
· Perform validation of procedures, including writing and execution of protocols.
· Perform and document assigned maintenance and calibration duties.
· Performed and document assigned cleaning duties, both daily and weekly.
· Accurately record and document results. Expected to complete documentation for assigned duties in a timely and legible when documentation is hand written. Must follow documentation guidelines for cGMP industry.
· Assist in Logging in samples for testing.
· Write, and update Standard Operation Procedures and Work Instructions.
· Trend data.
· Able to independently evaluate raw data and use sound judgment in selecting additional testing if needed for follow-up as required.
· Provide necessary information to Manager or Lead regarding the status of testing.
· Also perform microbiology testing as needed to meet production needs.
Non-Essential Job Functions
· Present an attitude that fosters team work and promotes positive morale of fellow lab staff. Including reliability in attendance and completion of assigned duties
· Previous demonstrate the ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions and comply with company policies
· Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biology or other related field. Equivalent experience and education can be considered for the position
· Three years experience in previous employment or as a Junior Scientist or equivalent position at Nutra Manufacturing.
· Able to demonstrate through work history at Nutra or in previous employment competencies in Molecular and Microbiology testing techniques and application of techniques in an industrial microbiology laboratory. Examples; Real Time PCR, ELISA Testing
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills. Proficient in Microsoft office computer applications is desirable.
· Strong communication skills both oral and written. Off shift personal are required to leave written (email) communication for manager and co-workers.
Skills and Abilities
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
· Working knowledge of cGMP regulations and USP Microbial requirements for purified water, environmental monitoring, raw materials, and finished goods.
· Proficiency with pour plate and membrane filtration methodology, and serial dilutions.
· Knowledge of microbiological principles including but not limited to aseptic techniques, media prep and quality control.
· Experience using autoclaves and understanding of sterilization cycles for microbiology waste and media prep.
· Experience performing and interpreting Gram Stains and the use of rapid identification techniques
· Participate in training of new staff and provided feedback to management in the progress of trainee.
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
· Normal cGMP laboratory environment.
· Some limited travel to Greenville facility.
- Incumbent must able to stand for long periods of time, be responsible for light lifting from time to time and be able to work in cGMP environment.
- Dexterity to perform laboratory tasks such as pipetting.
At Upstate Staffing, our work is our passion. Because we are fully invested in the success of our clients, we are dedicated to providing the utmost in dependable customer service. We love putting people to work and that is what compels us to provide an outstanding experience for our clients every day.
Apply for this job now.