We have a commitment to a happy, healthy, inclusive and productive workplace. Some of the ways we accomplish this include:
- Emphasizing our open door policy. Whether someone is brand new or has been with the Firm from the beginning, we are all part of the same family and each person matters
- Offering a competitive benefits package and 401k with a company match, including discounted gym memberships and biometric testing reimbursement
- Summer Fridays off!
- Comprehensive performance management program including real time feedback and a formalized mentorship program
- Technical training and business development workshops
More Than a Job
We're hiring for a Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Senior in our New York City office. Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance: Bring a systematic, disciplined approach to documenting, rationalizing, testing and improving the cost-effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes
- SOC 1 and SOC 2 Reporting for Service Organizations: Preform SOC Readiness Assessments by documenting existing controls, identifying potential control gaps and when applicable providing relevant recommendations
- Risk Management (GRC/ERM): Assist your manager in integrating risk management into their business and strategic processes to enable them to take appropriately mitigated risks to create value
- Fraud Risk Assessment and Controls: Work with a team to help clients develop, implement, assess and improve anti-fraud programs and controls
- Governance and Regulatory Compliance: Research solutions that significantly reduce the time and resource-draining components of regulatory compliance programs. Support clients with the implementation and execution of their compliance programs
- Information Technology Audit and Security: Assist organizations to identify, document, rationalize, test and improve the cost-effectiveness of their information technology control environment
- Board and Audit Committee Advisory: Research and present to your manager industry-specific, customized advisory services on the latest corporate governance issues and mandates for public, private and not-for-profit boards and audit committees
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 4+ years' experience with SEC auditing procedures which includes 10-K and 10-Q
- Excellent verbal and written communication and process analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and also work well with others
- CPA, CFE, CIA, CISA
- Software Experience - CCH ProSystem, Microsoft Office 365
Why Join Us?
Since 1924, Friedman LLP established itself as the premier advisor within the middle market business sector. With a forward thinking approach, Friedman has expanded on core audit and tax services with diverse advisory consulting services including: China Consulting; Forensic, Litigation Support & Valuation Services, Governance, Risk & Compliance, Cybersecurity Consulting and Digital Currency.
Ranked #1 in Vault's 2020 Best Culture in the Accounting Industry, the Friedman Experience offers an inclusive environment where professionals are developed into respected business leaders, while helping our community navigate their businesses in an evolving world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Friedman LLP is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Friedman LLP will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with qualified disabilities according to Americans with Disabilities Act regulations. If an applicant requires a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Lea Chown at #removed# All requests will be held in strict confidence.
Powered by JazzHR