IT Support Technician Halifax 3 - 6 months contract
IT Support Technician
3 - 6 months contract
£10.00 - £12.00 per hour
Your new role Our client is a well-established, local organisation based in Halifax who have an opening in their IT department for an IT Support Technician working at a 1st or 2nd line level. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 2 years' experience in IT Support/Helpdesk.
- To provide IT Support to 1,500 users (staff and students).
- To provide technical support; answering support queries either onsite or via phone or email.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues whether raised directly or via escalation from another team member.
- To log all calls on the call logging system and maintain full documentation.
- Updating IT plans and documentation, for example network diagrams and data cabling plans.
- Respond to enquiries from users and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
- Support users and new employees in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- Work as part of the IT Support team and any other operational/project teams as requested by the IT Manager.
- Manage workloads.
- To allocate more complex service issues to the relevant IT Support team member.
- Raise any security concerns to the IT Manager.
- Managing and deployment of antivirus software on all devices.
- Maintain reports and logs in line with departmental policy.
- Setup of configuration of desktop computers and hardware including devices, printers and scanners.
- Setup of desktop client software.
- Installing authorised software and updates to desktops.
- Configure/maintain and provide support of computer systems, networks and peripherals as instructed. Maintain asset and software register.
- Administering telephone system. This included setting up of new extensions and voicemails.
- Required to work flexibly to achieve departments' objectives.
- Office application setup.
- Active Directory user and computer administration.
- Windows desktop administration.
- Windows Server 2012 and 2016 administration.
- O365 administration.
- Experience with iPads and Google Chromebooks.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Proven experience working within IT service delivery.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent ability to transfer knowledge within a team and to individuals.
- General Network administration and troubleshooting, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi.
- Working within an Education sector (desirable)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, call Garo Kassabian for more information and click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Role: IT Support Technician
Job Type: Contract
Location: Halifax, Yorkshire,
Apply for this job now.