Warehouse Worker job summary
Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming cargo and materials, packing and shipping cargo, managing, organizing and retrieving cargo in the warehouse.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading and loading trucks/containers and checking in cargo in system and creating Warehouse Receipts
- Repacking, picking, sorting and labeling cargo in preparation for it to be shipped.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear the proper safety equipment
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 yrs previous warehouse experience preferred
- Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
GLS is a licensed NVOCC and TSA Certified Indirect Air Carrier dedicated to provide comprehensive and specialized logistic solutions tailor-made to suit the requirements of each of our customers.
Provide logistics solutions to facilitate our customers operations through the use of comprehensive assistance, combining human and technological resources that will enable anytime access to information about shipments, adding value to our total quality service commitment.
To be an international cargo agency and logistics provider that offers first class service handling your shipments; recognized for its timely information and the quality it provides to its users, enabled by a professional and team-oriented work flow so that your cargo is no longer a burden.
Role: Freight-forwarder Warehouseman
Apply for this job now.