Company: ALEXANDER HANCOCK RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £30000 - £40000
Our client, an international freight forwarders, is looking to recruit an Internal Account Manager to be responsible for managing, maintaining and growing existing accounts.
As part of the role as the Internal Account Manager , you will have a designated portfolio to be responsible for managing and growing against designated targets and ensuring maximum customer satisfaction
Experience in sales is not essential, prefer somone with operations experience from freight forwarding and looking for a new challenge/career development
Key duties and responsibilities for the position of Internal Account Manager:
- Act as a conduit between the customer and the business in order to achieve the maximum customer satisfaction.
- Help to onboard new business by overseeing SOP implementation, monitor and look to develop service offerings.
- Establishing relationships over the telephone, email, media and in person with decision makers and encouraging more opportunities from existing customers.
- Some external face to face meetings may be required.
- Closing new and existing business over the phone or via email.
- Provide customers with accurate and cost-effective quotations in writing and follow up verbally.
- Ensure all aspects of invoicing, P&L and tariffs are completed correctly.
- Effectively manage accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and delivery of agreed service levels.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
- To process and manage bookings accurately.
- To deal with any issues that may arise and ensure the client and internal stakeholders are kept fully updated.
- Generate and processes new sales leads as necessary.
- Meet with Internal Sales Manager&other internal stakeholders to ensure KPI’s / Quotes are resulted accordingly.
- Provide regular management reports internally and externally.
- Keep our internal systems updated.
Skills and Experiences required for the position of Internal Account Manager:
- At least 3 years Freight Forwarding experience, preferably in Air or Ocean.
- Experience of handling multi product tenders&projects desirable.
- Must be commercially astute.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sound understanding of Freight Forwarding.
- Strong technical forwarding knowledge and customer focus.
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate an ability to negotiate and influence others both internally and externally.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- A self-starter who takes the initiative.
- Positive approach and outlook
- The ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- The ability to manage a changing workload and prioritise accordingly.
- Thrives in a fast moving environment and enjoys new challenges.
- Must have good computer skills especially using Microsoft Office Suite.