Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We're transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we're proud to say we've built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Role
In this role, you will act as a senior level engineer in the IT Infrastructure team. You will be responsible for designing and implementing tooling to support multiple device fleets, integrating that tooling into our HR and identity systems, and automating as many surrounding processes as possible. You will partner with teams like Engineering, Fulfillment Ops, and Security on key initiatives that directly impact Alto's ability to grow. As a senior engineer, teaching and mentoring are expected behaviors too.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Architect, implement, and expand the endpoint management ecosystem, using tools like JAMF, InTune, DEP, and Autopilot, to manage our growing fleet in a secure, scalable way
- Automate and operationalize the endpoint lifecycle, making onboarding as smooth as offboarding for Alto employees
- Work cross functionally with the Pharmacy and Engineering side of the house to ensure uptime of pharmacy computers and peripherals
- Function as SME for Apple, Microsoft, and Android devices
- In concert with the rest of the IT Infrastructure team, act as an escalation point for widespread issues with core apps like 1Password, G Suite, Okta, Slack, and Zoom
- Empower Alto employees via self-service tooling and self healing policies
- Serve as the key SME for all operational technology at our pharmacy, and ensure technology at sites is designed and operating at a high level of availability,
- Able to travel to pharmacy and HQ sites to resolve complex issues or support new office launches
- Continuously challenge the status quo, and push the envelope with solutions that will make our users more efficient and effective. Identify and remove friction wherever it exists, and bring delight to our users.
A Bit About You:
- 7+ years of technical experience managing macOS at an enterprise scale using tools like JAMF, Fleetsmith, or Airwatch/WS1
- Experience administering ChromeOS, iOS, and/or Windows at scale
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more of these: Bash, Powershell, Python, Ruby, Swift
- Experience interacting with HTTP-based APIs
- Experience managing and integrating with Okta or similar SSO provider
- Proven ability to automate complex processes (and have fun at the same time)
- Solid grasp of networking fundamentals: DHCP, DNS, firewalls, routing, OSI or TCP/IP model
- 2+ years technical experience managing AWS services
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Network administration experience
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Salary Range: $140K-$160k
Commission Eligible: (No)
Equity Eligible: Full-time - Yes. Part-time - No. PRN - No
Travel: Yes Required up to 5% of the time
Benefits: Full-time: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave. Part-time: 401k, generous PTO. PRN: Sick time accrual.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.