Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
At Horizon Therapeutics, a global biotechnology company, we define success by numbers. The number of lives touched, lives changed, and lives saved. This global biotechnology company consists of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who always strive for more. Our focus on medicines and clinically meaningful therapies for rare, autoimmune, and severe inflammatory diseases is the heart of our worldwide mission. Start a career that enables you to live up to your potential and help patients live up to theirs. Join us.
Our Commercial Development Program Manager will be located in Deerfield, IL with Sales rotation in assigned territories. Program Objectives:
Horizon's Commercial Development Program is a 3-year rotational program that accelerates your professional career with us and gives you insight into how our business works. You'll be a full-time, benefit-eligible employee advancing skills to:
Total Rewards Include:
- Enhance your leadership capabilities and expand your business acumen.
- Develop your business and technical skills through three rotations within different business areas: Sales/Analytics/Patient Services; Commercial Support & Operations (Analytics, Market Research, Business Operations, Finance); Marketing.
- Work cross-functionally in a global, matrix environment and participate in key-learning sessions.
- Receive formal executive mentoring and leadership development opportunities.
- Develop a solid peer group and strong community support.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Comprehensive Healthcare and Wellness Benefits
- Paid Time Off, including Parental Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Senior Family Care Assistance
- Flexible Fridays for most positions!
- Completion of an M.B.A. degree program, preferably with an emphasis on Marketing, Healthcare, General Management, or Finance
Sales rotation (specific requirements) - must be able to:
- 3+ years of prior industry/work experience
- Valid credentials to work in the U.S. (Visa sponsorships are not available)
- Strong planning, project management, and organization skills with the ability to seize feedback and provide clear direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must travel 30-40% of the time, including some overnights and weekends
- Operate full-time from the assigned sales territory for the duration of the rotation, including travel of short and long distances.
- Be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver's license, comprehensive car insurance, and own or lease a presentable, late-model vehicle that's tobacco-product free during business hours.
Horizon does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We intend that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity, and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Horizon requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated, as a condition of employment, with either Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson. "Fully vaccinated" is defined as two weeks after your final dose of the Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Horizon will provide medical and religious accommodations as required by law. Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.