Do you dream of engaging work that really matters?
There is an MOD opening for a General Practice Nurse Band 5, working full-time Monday to Friday for a minimum assignment of 3 months.
There is around a 90% chance that this assignment will be extended and if not, we will always try to find you another assignment nearby where possible.So why locum at the Ministry of Defence?
General Practice Nurse - Essential Requirements:
- Daytime, weekday hours for a great work-life balance
- Long-term assignments for continuity and stability
- Excellent working environment
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team in a well equipped medical facility
- Free training via CPD-accredited online training provider, Bluestream
- A dedicated Recruiter to ease you through the application process and answer any questions before, during or after your assignment
- Must be Registered Nurse (A) Level 1 nurse with the NMC; hold a valid, in date Personal Identification Number (PIN); and not subject to any restrictions of practice
- Must hold current, valid personal medical indemnity insurance
- Have a minimum of one year's post registration current experience in a Band 5 or higher grade in a Primary Healthcare (PHC) setting (within the last three years)
- Must be in date for Basic Life Support (BLS) Anaphylaxis, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Safeguarding Children and Young People and Vulnerable Adults Level 2 training.
Must hold certificates of training/qualification/update, or be able to provide proof of clinical competency from a previous employer or Line Manager who is a current and practicing GMC or NMC Registrant (either of which must be obtained within the last three years) in:
- Immunisation and Vaccination: (including children if engaged within a families practice)