About Code Authority
Code Authority, Inc. (CAI) builds custom software technology products. Like web portals, smartphone apps, and other emerging platform applications. At Code Authority, custom software development is our passion.
Since 2001, Code Authority has specialized in creating custom software, custom applications, and custom databases for businesses of all sizes including startups. We offer a face-to-face design and development approach with actual local employees. Code Authority is not a team of sub-contractors, virtual-workers, moonlighters and definitely not offshore workers.
Code Authority is one of the largest and oldest custom software groups in the South Central U.S. and the most distinguished brand in Dallas/Fort Worth. CodeLaunch is our in-house “Seed Accelerator” that facilitates community engagement and provides a platform for emerging startups. CodeLaunch is a key differentiator and door opener for our business development team.
We are filling full-time in-office positions. Not a remote worker or temporary contractors. No H-1 Candidates.
We are in search of an experienced & creative Android Developer. The successful candidate will have a passion for mobile development and a strong desire to learn and grow with mobile technologies and traditional client/server technologies.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 2+ years of Android mobile app development experience.
- Experience with Android development tools and languages.
- Experience with Android SDK versions 5 and above.
- Experience in architecting and developing networking and/or secure applications for Android.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- A firm understanding of building mobile applications that utilize web-services in order to tie mobile client applications to critical server-side APIs.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN.
- Competitive annual salary.
- Bonus plan relative to individual performance.
- Comprehensive health care benefits for the employee.
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave.
- 401k plan with company matching.
- Office social gatherings, game nights, and company-sponsored events.
- Contemporary, collaborative office space with the latest technology.
- Full-time in-office in Frisco, TX.
Why Code Authority?
Code Authorityis a well-established, industry-leading tech company that continues to experience impressive growth each year. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive health insurance for employees, a collaborative casual work environment, community engagement, game nights, and an energetic and collaborative culture which is unlike most “tech startups”.
Most importantly, and perhaps the single most differentiating factor, is our employee shared equity pool we offer as part of our CodeLaunch Seed Accelerator.
Role: Android Developer
Apply for this job now.