CalWest's client, Pacific Rim International School (PRINTS) is seeking a Middle & High School English/Humanities Teacher for this school year. PRINTS is a dual immersion (Chinese, Japanese, English) Montessori school, is seeking a Middle/High School English & Humanities teacher who is passionate about working with students from 12-18. This candidate would potentially serve as the Head of Upper School, work on developing the curriculum and overall direction of the Upper School, and intend on staying with PRINTS for at least 3-5 years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow the Montessori philosophy
- Lead parent-teacher conferences
- Work collaboratively with other teachers in the classroom
- Willing to work in an environment that uses three different languages (Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, English)
- Communicate with administration about classroom duties and progress
- Plan and carry out an annual class trip (national & international) and bi-monthly farm trips with students
- Help establish the Upper School community and presence
- Recruit students
- Give tours to potential Upper School students and families
- Write and edit marketing materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year university and at least a year of teaching experience
- Extensive experience working with middle to high school students
- Ability to use the integrated, hands-on and inquiry-based approach
- Excellent skills in organization, classroom management, teamwork and attention to detail
- Excellent literary skills and strong foundation in language art, world history and international culture
- Experience in curriculum development
- Willingness to work in a Montessori environment and follow the direction of the Montessori philosophy
- Enthusiasm in working in an international school setting
- First Aid certified is a plus
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with colleagues
- Skilled in using email, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and online research
- Attention to detail, organization skills, and problem solving skills are desired
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to work with multiple staff and children, under moderate stress levels.
- Ability to work outdoors in a farm with students.
Please email a personal essay including professional goal and teaching philosophy.
To be fully considered for this and all current and anticipated openings, we encourage you to upload your resume to our website here: #
Please note: While we appreciate your interest, due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to all applicants or give individual application status updates; candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
With team members nationwide, CalWest specializes in the placement of educators and school leaders throughout the western region of the United States. Over the years, we have excelled in building meaningful relationships with candidates and becoming trusted advisors to the independent school community. By partnering with us, you will experience the degree of time, energy, and personal involvement that we devote to each search.
Role: Middle & High School English/Humanities Teacher
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.