Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping systems, pipe supports, fixtures, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water fixtures and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and production and processing systems.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machine.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meter, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and piping,
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Welds pipe supports to structural steel members.
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of material and work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- High school diploma or its equivalent with
- 4 years of experience in the field or completion of apprenticeship program or other industry recognized experience
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to exert physical force
- Able to frequently stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to work with and must use PPE such as personal fall protection, safety glasses, goggles, face shields, welding hoods, gloves, hard hats, steel tip shoes and respirators when required by the job or site.
Miller Industries, LLC is a family owned and operated company and was formed in July 2014. We are the parent company to Performance Fabricating, Flex Air, Miller Industries Representatives, and Farm Pod. All located under the roof of our 106,000 sq. foot building, we specialize in custom steel fabrication, air supply systems and sales, representing numerous companies in HVAC applications.
Our products consist of conveyor systems, structural steel projects, stairs and platforms, baggage handling systems, air handling systems and many other powder-coated metal products and the list goes on. We provide our high-quality products to automotive, healthcare, data center, and institutional customers around the world.
Role: Mechanical Pipefitter
Apply for this job now.