As a member of our core informatics research and development team, you’ll lead the design and development of models and algorithms to overcome product bottlenecks and discover new insight as part of a highly diverse team of bioinformaticians, DevOps engineers, and statisticians. We are looking for an individual that has a strong experience using variety of data analysis/mining methods, building and implementing models and algorithms. Some mission critical team goals you’d be responsible for would include:
- Designing, implementing, and supporting statistical models at scale for use in infectious disease diagnostics
- Developing innovative algorithms and software to analyze copious amounts of 'omics data and identify opportunities to innovate within pathogen detection and microbiome wellness
- Collaborating with the team to support and innovate on metagenomics infectious disease product development
- Learning and building new pipelines/tools on your own as well as applying existing statistical, data mining, and annotation paradigms in unique ways on ‘omic datasets.
- Exciting stake-holders and decision makers about your progress
We are a small team, all wearing many hats. Research and development will be at the core of your work, with flexibility to help on presentations, patents, external collaborations, and many other exciting business pillars. To contribute most effectively, you would have the following experience
- Ph.D./M.Sc. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Engineering, Genomics or related field with 2+/5+ years industry experience.
- Have 5+ years of relevant R/Python development experience.
- Deep knowledge of statistics and ensemble methods.
- Be hypothesis driven with a strong understanding of complex scientific and engineering problems.
- Possess clear communication skills.
- Have a solid knowledge of common design patters and engineering practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills with emphasis in research and development
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Strong programming/scripting skills (Python, R, C/C++, Java, Bash)
- Solid Unix/Linux foundation.
- Bioinformatics experience in pipeline development and deployment, next-generation sequencing data management and analysis, or high-volume biological data management and analysis.
- Experience with database design or architecture is a plus, but certainly not required. Anything you don’t know, we can teach you.
At Arc Bio, we are building novel molecular next-generation sequencing and computational technologies that will revolutionize numerous fields ranging from pathogen identification to human forensics. Our biological data is key to both testing critical hypotheses to improve patient outcomes, and helping inform and power future healthcare decisions. Our Informatics and Product Development team is responsible for exploring our unique datasets and analyzing which features contribute to the overall success of our products to support our current company goals and guide the product decision-making process.
Role: Data scientist
Apply for this job now.