Subsidiary: Sully Miller Holding Co. (210)
Employment with United Rock
If you're motivated, dedicated and looking for a challenging career in the construction industry, it's time to join the United Rock team. Great employees made us the industry leader.
A workplace where people can grow
We strive above all to offer a work environment that interests, challenges and motivates. This includes opportunities to grow, competitive salaries and benefits, and a workplace culture that values the contributions of each individual. These human resource practices explain why many employees have been with United Rock for decades.
* Night Shift Position - 8pm to 5am.
- Maintain cash fund accurately and report any discrepancies
- Operates the truck scales and generates correct tickets for the customers
- Greets customers in a professional and polite manner
- Maintains the office in a neat and professional manner
- Clearly communicates with customers to bill transactions correctly
- Handles cash sales by collecting cash, checks or credit card transactions
- Listens to customer issues and or complaints and works to resolve them through communication with the sales/dispatch department
- Answers phones and handles office duties/projects as requested
- Directs customers to piles and instructs load out personnel of customer needs
- Work environment is in an office setting and may require sitting/standing for extended periods of time.
- Position may require bending, stooping, or reaching above shoulders to resupply the ticket feed into printer
- May be required to list objects weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be required to walk on uneven surfaces to travel to and from the scale house to the plant office
- Must be able to see well (naturally or with correction).
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment which can be noisy and often dusty as well
- Will have to open and close ticketing window as needed
- Multi-tasking is required to ticket materials, answer phones, communicate with customers and enter data into the computer
M; R3; M1; L2; SVP 6
WORK PLACE VALUES REQUIREMENT:
- Act in a safe manner consistent with our Goal 0 safety philosophy.
- Comply and abide by Sully-Miller Contracting Company’s Code of Ethics at all times during employment with the Company.
- Look for Opportunities to deepen understanding of lean principles and practices.
- Align their own vision with the larger goals of the Company, and become a guardian of the Company’s Core Values.
- Use continuous improvement as a tool to improve process, performance, safety and quality, including looking for ways to eliminate waste.
- Work as a Team to make things happen.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
United Rock Products is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here. For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here.We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact United Rock Products at 714-578-9600 or send an e-mail to: HR@sully-miller.com.
United Rock Products will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.