We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant for our client in Washington DC. This is a Huge Non Profit organization that specializes in Latin America.
- Perform administrative support functions, including but not limited to maintaining the Unit Chief's agenda, place and answer telephone calls, handle those of routine nature or forward the call to the corresponding officer(s), receive visitors; maintain the calendar of appointments and deadlines; prepare routine correspondence in English and Spanish; draft articles, reports, technical documents, charts, and a variety of correspondence involving the use of technical terminology; prepare agendas and other material for use on official trips or special meetings;
- Assist in the preparation of technical presentations, technical reports and articles by reviewing, correcting and/or rewriting texts to improve clarity, conciseness and, coherence; prepare and verify the content of tables, graphs, and charts; follow-up on the submission of reports and correspondence in order to meet established deadlines;
- Serve as liaison regarding logistical and operational processes and activities, as well as with other offices throughout the Organization; communicate procedures to be followed for meetings of Governing Bodies, Advisory Committees, etc.;
- Prepare correspondence on own initiative or from verbal instructions for signature; prepare draft translations of correspondence and other materials from English into Spanish and vice versa;
- Review all outgoing correspondence requiring the official signature; proofread for style, punctuation, grammar, spelling and adherence to the Organization's standards and policies; recommend revisions to correspondence and other documents to ensure that they are clear and accurate in content;
- Assist in the coordination, preparation and implementation of internal and external meetings, conferences, seminars, or other events; prepare correspondence and documentation as needed; initiate documents for recruitment of temporary staff and contingent workers; assist with travel arrangements;
- Establish and maintain physical and electronic files and controlled reference material; conduct research of files, reports, and other sources to obtain material requested and, when necessary, compiling summaries;
- Organize travel plans and make necessary arrangements, including obtaining concurrences, airline tickets, required visas, hotel reservations, travel authorizations; prepare and assemble background materials required for duty travel;
- Monitor the status of personnel actions required and follow up on staff reassignments and hiring of temporary staff, as needed; assist in the administrative process for the recruitment and selection of staff in the Unit;
- Initiate documentation for the appointment and recruitment of professional and general service staff, consultants, short-term professionals, contractors, and carry out the necessary steps in PMIS to successfully complete HR actions;
Please apply if interested
Role: Bilingual Administrative Assistant
Apply for this job now.