JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
** PLEASE NOTE - ONLY APPLICANTS WITH CURRENT AND ACTIVE SC OR DV CLEARANCE WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
PLEASE STATE YOUR SC OR DV CLEARANCE ON YOUR CV.Your new company
A prominent Ministerial Government Department is embarking on a major technology transformation, which includes a multi-million pound implementation of a new cloud based finance and HR system. In response to this, there is an opportunity for a strong Cloud Network Engineer to support the complex IT-enabled change programme and transformation initiative.Your new role
As the Cloud Network Engineer, you will work with a dedicated team to specify, design and implement the technical requirements for the cloud implementation. This will involve developing, validating and reviewing conceptual, logical and physical network designs, the addition of virtual networks and the creation of routing rules and access control lists.
This role will develop so the ability to understand and contribute to Software Development or assisting with operational infrastructure/environment management are viewed as very desirable skills for the role going forward.What you'll need to succeed
As an adept Cloud Network Engineer, you will have -
- Considerable hands on experience as an Oracle Cloud Implementer
- Good knowledge of and demonstrable hands on experience of:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Oracle Cloud Container/Platform administration and configuration (OCI-C design/Foundation Services and console work)
- Virtual Networks (VNICs)
- Security Rules
- Virtual Machine Environment Creation and Management
- Experience of LAN configuration
- Experience of Firewall Design and Ruleset Configuration
- Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting programming Minimum 1 project of :
- SSO and End User Compute Pass through - Design and Implementation
- Good communication and documentation skills, the ability to get on well with team members
Additional desirable skills include:
- Specific Architectures (Oracle Cloud)
- Experience and Design of network security (TACACS, SYSLOG, SNMP)
- Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, OSPF
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix/Windows environment (sysadmin level)
- Experience configuring and software-based solutions (i.e. VPN)
- Oracle Capacity Design (SaaS and PaaS)
- DMZ Bastion Design and implementation
- DNS/VPN/WAN Design and implementation
- Security Feed Design and implementation
- Mobile Device Security Design and Implementation
- Service Dashboard Development
AS MENTIONED, ONLY APPLICANTS WITH CURRENT AND ACTIVE SC OR DV CLEARED WILL BE CONSIDERED.What you'll get in return
You will join one of the largest technology upgrades currently happening in Government. This is an initial 3 month contract, sitting outside of IR35 and offering a day rate of between $550-575 per day.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Role: Cloud Network Engineer - Oracle
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: London (Central), London (Greater), London (Greater)
Apply for this job now.