We are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager. Qualified candidate will have experience with pre-planning, job initiation, scheduling, management, sub and vendor control, budget management, generating estimates and deck plate management of various projects.
Qualified candidate will be required to run local and away projects for periods up to 65 days on U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command and NOAA vessels for locations throughout the west coast and Hawaii.
Ex-military are encouraged to apply. All projects are DOD related so the qualified candidate will be required to undergo and pass Government back-ground check prior to hiring. Qualified candidate will be required to climb ladders and navigate vessels on a consistent basis so being physically fit is not optional.
Engaged in the repair of Navy, Coast Guard and Military Sealift Command vessels in San Diego, Long Beach, Oakland, Hawaii and other areas so travel is sometimes required.
• Works in an office environment, but must be familiar with the layout of ships.
• Makes frequent visits to customer locations and required to climb stairs.
• Travel outside the area is infrequent, but applicant must be available and willing to travel for short periods and on short notice.
• Applicant must be able to pass routine security clearance checks for access to naval and other government/shipyard facilities and must not have disqualifying issues.
• Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Role: Project Manager, Shipyard
Location: Chula Vista,
Apply for this job now.