Company: CREATIVE FINANCIAL STAFFING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Accounts Receivable Specialist
ABOUT THE COMPANY AND OPPORTUNITY:Our client, located in Bridgeport, is a global IT Services and Solutions company founded in 1995. This company serves various Fortune 1000 clients in key industries such as Telecom, Finance /Banking, Retail, Pharmaceuticals, Energy /Utilities, Transportation, Healthcare /Insurance, and Manufacturing. Growing rapidly, they have partnered with CFS to identify an Accounts Receivable specialist to be a part of their finance department
The successful candidate for this position must thrive in a dynamic and fast-growing environment. This role will play an instrumental role in the future of our organization and is a full-time position!
********Competitive Compensation & Excellent Benefits**********
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable in QuickBooks.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the status of customer accounts as requested.
- Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Collections Manager and other staff.
- Collaborates with the Collections Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Intermediate level Excel
- Ability to work independently or with the team