COMPANY: VOLT SERVICES GROUP
JOB TYPE: Contract, FullTime
Volt has an opening for a System Admin to troubleshoot, maintain and implement solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations with one of our major clients in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and implement solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations.
- Analyze and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements
- Design, implement, code, test, document, and maintain systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems.
- Establish functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics,
- 4 years of related work experience.
- 4+ years of experience directly related to Windows System Administration in a Windows 2008/W0012/WIN 7 Server and Desktop support with increasing responsibilities administering client/server applications
- Linux System Administration in a sustainment environment; strong background in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 5/6)
- Experience with VMware/VDI/esx
- Communication and diplomatic skills
- Experience working in a Military environment
- Ability to troubleshoot configuration problems or system issues
- Experience in the following areas:
- WSUS Patch Management
- Symantec Endpoint
- OS Upgrades
- Computer security
- System monitoring and logging
- Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common network services such as Active Directory, GPO’s, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in COTS/GOTS/FOSS Software installations
- Basic Network Administration knowledge utilizing CISCO
- Willing and able to travel approximately 10% to additional local off-site locations for installations and maintenance work on short notice as needed
- Experience with desktop workstation collaboration products and protocols
- Understanding of Storage Area Network concepts (SAN), NetBackup
- Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
- Experience with IBM and HP hardware (i.e. server, workstations RAIDS, and thin clients); SQL Server; and Linux
- Familiar with COMSEC and CCI equipment, handling and encryption key loading
AN ACTIVE US GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
Please note the following:
- This is a W2 position.
- Direct inquiries only.
- No 3rd party submittals please.
- This position is not available for Corp-to-Corp.
- This position is not available for Associate Vendors
This is a contingent/temporary position offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
To learn more about Volt, please visit: #removed# and to see more of our job postings, please visit: #removed#
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- provided by Dice