Quality Engineer - 4 month fixed term contract.
Newly created role for an individual with working knowledge of Chrome, Cadmium and Nickel plating requirements in a Nadcap environment gained within the aerospace industry, to join our well established business on a 4 month fixed term contract.
Héroux-Devtek is an international company specialising in the design, development, manufacture, integration, testing and repair and overhaul of landing gear and actuation systems and components for the Aerospace market. Founded in 1942, the business has a rich history which includes manufacturing the landing gear for the Apollo Lunar Module which landed on the moon's surface in 1969.
Héroux-Devtek's global reputation for quality and reliability exists thanks to the achievements of our employees, and we truly believe in providing employees with continuous training and professional development, and foster a strong entrepreneurial culture where each team member has a distinct role to play in the success of the business.
The Role - Quality Engineer
Reporting to the UK Quality Manager, as a Quality Engineer you will have the autonomy to concentrate on process and product improvement in line with Nadcap AS9100 requirements.
This is a new role for the company to assist in preparing for the Nadcap Chemical Process Audit, general quality laboratory tasks and contributing to continuous improvement projects.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Supporting with full preparation and internal audits prior to our chemical processing audit, which is scheduled to take place in April 2021
- Participating in specific projects to mitigate risks and reduce errors within quality and potential non-conformances
- Ensuring compliance with standards from regulatory authorities
- Promoting improving quality standards by participating in continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensuring product conformity
- Supporting the Quality Assurance Manager to ensure disciplined quality systems are applied
Our Requirements - Quality Engineer
- Working knowledge of Chrome, Cadmium and Nickel plating requirements in a Nadcap environment, gained within the aerospace industry
- Experience of continuous improvement tools and projects
- Experience of RCCA, 8D and 5Y analysis
- Strong mechanical / technical aptitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
As Quality Engineer, you'll work at our site in Runcorn (Cheshire), and will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Company pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice healthcare scheme
You'll be employed on a 4 month fixed term contract, working 37 hours per week within Monday to Friday.
All applications for this Quality Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.