HANAC, Inc. - originally founded by George Douris as the Hellenic American Neighborhood Action Committee - is a New York City-based multi-faceted social services organization. The organization was founded in 1972 to serve the needs of vulnerable populations throughout New York City.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support of a complex nature for the Director of Property Management. Coordinate administrative activities for the Property Management office. Manage confidential and complex filing systems. Type letters, memoranda, reports, etc., from dictated, handwritten, and other sources and assist in preparing agenda and related material and reports for key management meetings and/or projects. Perform other related duties as required and assigned by the Director of Property Management. Position involves a high degree of confidentiality.
Hourly Rate of Pay: $15.00
Work Schedule: This is a three-month temporary, full-time position. There is the possibility of the temp period extended or becoming a permanent position. Hours are Monday - Friday within our office hours of 9:00 am - 5 pm for a total of 35 hours weekly.
- Provide administrative support and operational/supervisory support functions including but not limited to maintaining project and office files in a proficient and diligent manner.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the Director of Property Management and Property Manager.
- Coordinates calendars and schedules appointments and meetings.
- Prioritizes requests for meetings and coordinates the necessary arrangements for meetings.
- Coordinate and facilitate Tenant/Property Manager meetings
- Assist with Weekly Tenant “Wellness Check” calls
- Maintains the inventory of office supplies, cleaning supplies, and equipment for Property Management.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating waitlist log (i.e. entering applicant's information on the waitlist, assigning log number, informing applicants their status)
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of portfolio-wide Monthly Newsletter
- Screen telephone calls and replies daily to all incoming correspondence including e-mail.
- Responsible for gathering and distributing office mail.
- Responsible for preparing, facilitating, and submitting various Compliance related reports
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred (Associates) with three (3) years' work experience or High School Diploma/GED equivalency with a minimum of five (5) years' work experience.
- Ability to perform administrative support duties (including typing, filing, scheduling, answering the phone, and placing calls) with speed and accuracy without supervision.
- Knowledge in developing, maintaining complex filing systems and experience with computer programs including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Considerable ability to deal with non-routine matters, such as special projects, with minimum specific instruction.
- Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills necessary as well as the ability to maintain an effective positive working relationship with co-workers, residents, vendors, funding agencies e.t.c.
- Ability to work independently in carrying out assignments to completion.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and database applications; able to create reports, formulas and maintain statistical data.
- Ability to work independently and multitask under deadline pressure.
- Ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy in all internal and external contact relationships.
Other tasks may be required. Travel time 5%, for example dropping off checks to the fiscal or property management office, taking or picking up documents from other sites within the property management portfolio.
Powered by JazzHR