Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum, Inc benefits
Are you seeking an all encompassing senior finance role?
Are you seeking a progressive role in a growing organisation?Reed Accountancy in Oxford are pleased to be partnering with an exciting, growing company based in South Oxfordshire to help source a newly created finance vacancy in a close knit finance team. The role offers a salary of up to £45,000 per annum (based on experience) 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and additional days off!), enhanced pension, life assurance scheme, and other benefits alongside an opportunity to join a friendly finance function and autonomy within a role.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Influence the Finance Team in ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of all financial records, ensuring all income and liabilities are accurately recorded, reconciled and reviewed.
- Influence the Lead FAMR in the planning, preparation, and delivery of statutory reports, publications, internal and external audits, and the Annual Report and Accounts within agreed timetables.
- Enable the Finance Team to deliver timely reporting to stakeholders
- Preparation of Monthly payroll with oversight from manager
- Preparation of VAT Return workings and associated reconciliations with oversight from manager
- Delivery of the monthly close process, analysing transactions and preparing required journals.
- Processing journals ensuring that all accounting entries are supported by working papers for analytical review and audit.
- Responsible for completing account reconciliations to review and clear balance sheet control accounts on a monthly basis, including VAT and payroll accounts, and maintaining appropriate documentation to support the audit.
- Prepare the monthly finance team performance indicators and transparency publications for review.
- Provide assistance and cover across the wider Finance team to manage team absences and peak periods, which may include hands on support and/or managing additional financial responsibilities.
- Driving the delivery of business and corporate plans for your own areas of responsibility.
- Being fully aware of and actively complying with company policies and procedures relevant to your own responsibilities and to corporate policies and procedures including equality, sustainability and the environment, health and safety and data protection.
- Performing any other reasonable duties as directed by line management. This list should not be regarded as exhaustive, and the post holder will be expected to deliver other duties relevant and appropriate to this post.
The right candidate for the role will have experience in all aspects of accountancy, specifically some experience in end-to-end payroll. You will be part qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) or qualified by experience. You will be a strong communicator, and be adaptable in a changing environment, dynamic and keen to join a team where you will take on responsibility and more autonomy.
If you think this role is the ideal fit for you, please do not hesitate to apply now to avoid missing out!