Anaesthetic and Recovery Theatre up to mid band 6 equivalent salary Flexible hours - no overnight shifts Access to training and development The Spire Sussex Hospital is looking for a highly motivated and experienced ODP or Nurse to join our high performing Theatre Team, with a focus on Anaesthetics and Recovery, this is an opportunity to join one of the UK's leading private hospitals and take your career to the next level. It is important that our Theatre team are experienced in a variety of surgical procedures or are willing to learn new procedures and techniques under expert supervision. We are keen to promote from within the Spire network, so if you are looking for a long-term career with advancement opportunities you will find them at Spire.
The Spire Sussex hospital in Hastings is rated an 'Outstanding' hospital by the CQC. It is a 29 bedded hospital that offers outpatient and inpatient services for a range of specialties, including Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Gynaecology, Urology, ENT, Cosmetic and General Surgery Duties and responsibilities
Who we're looking for
- Prepare the operating theatre/anaesthetic room for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum
- Ensure the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way
- Run a theatre list without supervision
- HCPC registered ODP or NMC (including the Anaesthetic module) registered Nurse within proven experience in Anaesthetic and recovery
- You will be an enthusiastic, dedicated team player who is also used to working under minimum supervision
- You will be providing exemplary planned care for patients within the perioperative stage and assisting in the management and organisation of care provision in the operating theatre.
- You will have the opportunity to hone your skills as the unit performs various surgical procedures ranging from General Surgery, Orthopaedic, ENT, Plastics and Ophthalmic
- ALS and Airway Maintenance certifications would be desirable, though not essential - Training opportunities are available
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of
everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please email Sherine Lowers @ [... Click Apply...] For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people. Closing date:
In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications