COMPANY: VED SOFTWARE SERVICES, INC.
JOB TYPE: Contract, FullTime
The ideal candidate is a top-tier Python developer who has experience building RESTful backend applications and microservices. The developer will support and collaborate with our data engineers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists and will ensure efficient data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be proactive and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company's backend to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor s or Master s Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required.
- 10+ years of enterprise development and a desire to work on a fast paced development team with the experience of handling multiple tracks concurrently
- Hands-on experience with any one of the tools - Python, pandas/numpy, scikit-learn, Jupyter / any Python IDE along with Python or R, AWS / Cloud, Java, RDBMS, REST APIs
- Comfortable working knowledge of working in an Agile software delivery environment, with exposure to continuous integration and continuous delivery tools.
- Expert knowledge and experience in Java, various open source stacks, and relational databases. Experience with / knowledge of R, Python highly desired.
- Experience in cloud technologies and practices, building applications using services such as AWS S3, EC2, Lambda, EMR, CloudFormation. Experience with containers and well-grounded in the knowledge of engineering and continuous delivery practices.
- Passionate about technology and delivering solutions to tackle business problems using event driven and / or scale-out architectures.
- Complete knowledge of complexity and security around building and maintaining financial applications and products
The Skills You Bring
- Assist in crafting data pipelines involving data cleaning, transformation, streaming enrichment / analytics and normalization
- Build the infrastructure required for efficient ingestion, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS "big data" technologies
- Build micro-services for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our software into an innovative industry-leading product.
- Design, build, and maintain data movement solutions such as APIs, pub/sub queues, and caches
- Architect, implement and deploy new data models and data processes in production.
- Orchestrate APIs and automate data processes
- Explore client data, analyze and Implement ETL process demonstrating open source frameworks
- Write python/spark scripts for Model verification and/or query database.
- Build quick POCs / prototypes around data problems
- Develop production-ready versions of cloud services and applications
- Be a pillar of technological knowledge and lead by example in code, feature development, and documentation.
- Give and attend sprint retrospectives to help the team refine its processes and approaches.
- Provide documentation for solutions by developing documentation, UML diagrams, and well-structured code.
- Follow good object oriented design practices and solid design principles.
- provided by Dice