Bid Writer – New Build and D&B Exp.
£Exc. + Pkge
A main contractor that operates throughout the South East with a turnover in excess of £100m per annum. Their specialism is new build and design and build projects ranging in value from £5m to £25m + working across a range of sectors for public and private clients. They have an enviable client base and long standing relationships built up over the years with exceptional reputation for their ability to deliver projects to the highest of standards, safely, to programme and budget. The senior management team are long standing and the company as a whole have an excellent reputation for the training and development of employees and long term staff retention.
They are now looking to appoint a Bid Writer with New Build and D&B experience to join their team. Reporting into the Pre-Construction Manager you will be responsible for completing PQQs, providing supporting technical/compliance information submissions and contributing towards the improvements in the quality and success rate of the companies submission process. You will work alone or as part of a team researching and understanding clients requirements to ensure that all submissions made are accurate, complete and issued within the specified time frame.
- Identify opportunities via online client portals and tender notices.
- Retrieve PQQ / tender documentation from portals as identified, or as directed by the pre-construction manager
- Undertake and complete PQQ submissions and technical / compliance information to accompany tender bids and responses to expressions of interest.
- Complete submissions required to pre-set deadlines and/or as required by the pre-construction manager.
- Liaise with the awarding authorities regarding any clarifications or amendments to PQQ notices required.
- Ensure all bids are accurately completed and represent the company experience and abilities in the best possible way to secure the tender opportunity from the PQQ submission and/or contract when tendering.
- Ensure all submissions are uploaded (if applicable), printed, packaged and delivered in the format and media type required and within the deadlines established.
- Follow the company’s ISO 9001 management procedures throughout.
- Develop a good understanding of awarding authorities’ vision, strategy and plans in order to maximise new business generation opportunities.
- Gather and develop information relating to specific tenders, relative projects and long term opportunities.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Bid Writer within the UK construction industry ideally with Education Sector experience
- Understanding of the tender / bid process and awarding authorities’ requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy and presentation skills; e.g. proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc.
- Highly motivated, flexible and adaptable approach to work. Ability to work individually, and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- An eye for detail, and a thorough and methodical approach.
- A stable work history
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Bid Writer that is able to personalise bids for specific projects seeking a new challenge within an innovative contractor that offers an excellent salary and package.
Please forward a full CV in the first instance with salary expectations.
MSB Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency working within the building and civil engineering sectors throughout the UK.
Role: Bid Writer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South East
Apply for this job now.