Posting date: 06 December 2019
Closing date: 05 January 2020
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software and data solutions to the global commercial real estate industry. Our divisions, Altus Analytics, and Altus Expert Services, reflect decades of experience, a range of expertise and technology-enabled capabilities. Our solutions empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,500 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Who you are
With over 400 users in the system globally and dozens of integrations, we have had to re-architect how Salesforce works for us. As a Senior Salesforce Developer, you are excited to step up to the challenges of building out our complex platform to increase our efficiency and help us engage with clients more effectively. You want to be part of a team integrating applications such as Pardot, Tableau, Shopify, and LinkedIn as well as our own software products, ARGUS, Voyanta and Taliance, to name a few.
Here's what our new Senior Salesforce Developer will do:
- Develop and support. You will build custom applications in Force.com using classic Salesforce tools such a VisualForce as well as modern web technologies such as Lighting and AngularJS.
- Collaborate. You will work with BA's to collect and analyse business requirements.
- Develop. You will create new functionality for the application within SalesForce.
- Build out new functionality. You will work across the full stack to work on data-related and evaluation features and modules.
- Develop UIs. You will understand the needs of the system and how users will ingest information. You will build features that allow exporting of data and synchronisation.
- Modify. You will convert existing code to Lighting Components.
- Build. You will use Process Builder to move existing and build new functionality within the application.
- Contribute to CI/CD. You will use Jenkins to compile and test your code and then trigger deployments in Octopus.
- Support. You will provide Operations support and application debugging where necessary.
How do we know that you are the new Senior Salesforce Developer, you have:
An ideal combination of education and experience. You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. You are actively pursuing Trailhead Ranger certification and have completed at minimum, Developer 1, along with your Salesforce Administration certification. You have hands-on experience in Full Stack Salesforce development and deployment, including custom page creation accessing external data sources and expertise performing the following:
- Configuration and release management using changesets in Salesforce.com and other deployment tools such as GIT and Jenkins.
- Monitoring and debugging running custom SFDC applications.
- Maintaining high-security standards for all data stored in Salesforce.com.
- Architecting and building the data feeds, platform/environment configurations, ETLs, and components needed to integrate Salesforce with external applications, data systems.
- Version control and CI
- Bi-directional data synchronization
- An expansive range of technical skills. You have proven experience with:
- Lightning Components or VisualForce.
- Advanced UI development using tools such as AngularJS.
- The SFDC toolkit.
- Developing custom objects and workflow business rules, including Process Builder.
- SQL and SOQL queries.
- Apex test classes and scripts.
- A creative problem solver. You can craft a solution using both custom development and purchased applications (solid knowledge and usage of AppExchange).
- A commitment to the Agile methodology. You have experience working in SCRUM.
- A team-oriented personality. You can quickly build relationships and work closely with internal process teams, developers, users, and management.
- An analytical mindset. You can quickly understand and analyse various approaches and processes instantly. You can drill down to the details, obtaining the right level of specificity.
- A winning communication style. You are concise, on point, and effective. You can communicate technical details clearly to any level of audience.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend.
Role: Senior Salesforce Developer
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.