Senior Analyst / Assistant Manager - Statutory Reporting
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Manager in Statutory Reporting to join a successful and growing financial services business in Edinburgh.
The successful candidate will form part of a financial control team responsible for the production of statutory financial information for the annual report and accounts, FINREP reporting as well as monthly and quarterly reporting to group.
- Production and delivery of our monthly, quarterly and annual deliverables using Excel and SAS data.
- Using your knowledge of SQL and Excel to provide insight on our reported positions and assurance through automated controls and reconciliations
- Ensuring that required processes are executed and appropriate governance is evidenced in line with the Financial Control Framework across and in compliance with financial control policy.
- Delivery of key projects and report / process development, working closely with our Financial Control Systems and Financial Information Management team.
- Developing strong relationships across the business, in particular with Finance and Risk partners
The successful candidate will have gained experience in a similar role within financial services as well as possessing advanced level Excel skills to analyse data sets and be familiar with SQL & SAS reporting.
- Strong analytical skills, and an attention to detail
- Great organisation skills able to prioritise a varied workload and to deliver to tight deadlines, being flexible in busy periods
- Enjoys problem solving, has an inquisitive mind and demonstrates initiative
- An accounting background including a professional accountancy qualification, or part-qualified and working towards a qualification with relevant experience.
- Experience in the banking sector, FINREP reporting or in a Statutory reporting role is preferable
This is an excellent opportunity for career and personal development; joining a small team in a hands on role where the successful candidate will be given a platform to develop skills and experience quickly.
Please apply below to register your interest, confirming salary expectations, alternatively please contact Chris Halliday on 0131 2207109 to discuss in confidence