A Medical Records Clerk is the person who is primarily responsible to organizing, maintaining, and generating medical records. Telephone follow up to receive records in a timely fashion. Excellent communication skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Obtain UTD medicals before client's upcoming hearing.
- Assuring all medicals obtained are filled out correctly and signed by the treating physician.
- Import medical reports into clients file and labeling accordingly.
- Finish assigned work in a timely manner.
- Reply to all work emails.
- Effective communication with team members and manager.
- Assist with phone calls regarding case information such as injured body parts, Workers Compensation Board number, verify dates of accidents, and insurance carrier information.
- Follow up with multiple doctors offices/hospitals in a timely manner.
- Report any work related issues to your direct manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Literacy in computer applications, (MS Word and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Goal oriented and self-motivated.
- Perform all assignments in an accurate, professional, and expeditious manner.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced office environment with deadlines.
- Professional demeanor.
- Experience obtaining medical records.
- Keeping clients records information confidential.
- Ability to understand legal and medical documents.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- A minimum of 2 years experience obtaining medical records in a Law firm or medical facility.
- A minimum of 2 years in a customer service environment.
Who We Are:
Since 1989, we have represented injured clients in the Bronx and communities throughout New York’s five boroughs. Whether you were injured on the job or developed a disability that prevents you from working, our law firm can help. The staff of dedicated professionals at Law Offices of Joseph A. Romano, P,C. will thoroughly investigate your condition and present your case in the best, most comprehensive manner possible.
Role: Medical Records Clerk
Apply for this job now.