COMPANY: PSD GROUP
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: £90,000 basic salary plus benefits
Client / Role
A leading residential developer, focused on the London and South East market, with extensive financial backing is looking to recruit an investment appraisal and acquisition land specialist to help support this long-term growth strategy over the next 5 years.
This is a unique opportunity that provides reassuring stability in these uncertain times.
Your role will be to lead any land / company acquisitions from a financial perspective from initial DD through to completion and full integration into the finance department. The role will play a key role in tax strategy and implementation and provide support for land acquisition transactions, due diligence and legal entity structuring.
This is a very exciting role for a Tax and Acquisitions specialist, passionate about both the technical and business sides of Finance looking for an opportunity to play an important part in a highly rated team and business on a significant growth trajectory.
Duties will include:
- Main point of contact for land team when dealing with any new site acquisitions.
- Responsible for initial review of any deal structures both clean land purchase and/or a SPV to highlight any risk areas from a financial and tax perspective.
- Responsible for more detailed review of any site purchases and where needed the main point of contact for third party professionals to ensure reports are deliver with the right content and on time ensuring all risk areas are addressed (Including key tax areas such as SDLT, CGT, corporation tax, VAT etc).
- Responsible for the review and audit, with third party assistance if needed, of the completion accounts for SPV purchases liaising with the land and legal team as appropriate.
- Responsible for preparing the financial due diligence section of any investment committee paper including reviewing the overall investment committee paper and providing comments.
- Attend any investment committee meetings and be able to address any concerns / queries made on the financial section.
- Ensure any acquisitions are smooth and that any issues are resolved prior to a timely completion.
- Ensure the FP&A team are kept up to speed on any potential site purchases and that any information is shared effectively and timely.
- Ensure the Financial Controller is aware of any pending transactions and their structure so the finance team can plan for integration and purchase (cash).
- Assist the finance team and the FP&A team in full integration and handover of any new site purchases.
You will be someone who can think outside the box and work proactively as a self-starter. Whilst being technically bright, you will need to bring strong business acumen and be able to consider the commercial accounting impacts as well as technical impacts for the business.
The ambitious growth aspirations leads to business changing needs by the day. As such, you’ll be used to operating on the front foot and will be in touch with the operational side of the business to ensure the business responds to changes quickly and efficiently.
- ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent.
- Experience in property tax and acquisitions / disposals.
- 5 years post qualification with at least 3 years’ experience in a financial position within the construction / property industry or construction / property advisory role.
- Experience of dealing with complex statutory property related tax matters.
- Experience in company acquisition and share purchase agreements.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Robust analytical and IT skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
£90,000 basic salary plus benefits.